What is the best ROM currently availble for the Droid X?

saxman

Reaction score
Its really awesome. Fastest I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pinhead875

Reaction score
RubiXFocused0.3 here running under Incognito. I'm loving my phone right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

akappy332

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to roms... I have Rom manager and im running 2.2 ota rooted. If i want to install Fly x, do i install clockworkmod? and is it even compatible? I saw a guide earlier but it said you had to be on the leaked 2.2. I just wanna make sure i dont screw this up.

xliderider

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to roms... I have Rom manager and im running 2.2 ota rooted. If i want to install Fly x, do i install clockworkmod? and is it even compatible? I saw a guide earlier but it said you had to be on the leaked 2.2. I just wanna make sure i dont screw this up.

It's been reported that FlyX runs just fine from OTA 2.2. Just make sure to make a backup before going to FlyX. ;)

akappy332

Reaction score
Ok that is good to hear. Im worried about bricking since the 2.2 sbf isnt available yet. If i download clockworkmod rom manager. can i backup my phone? Or do i need something else to do that?

akappy332

Reaction score
Ok so Clockwork doesn't seem to want to boot up. If i try to boot into it it just starts up the phone normally.

Cooch33

Reaction score
Me too. I have Rom manager downloaded and have the flash clockwordMod Recovery. Well basically I just don't know how to use this app, so if someone could explain that would be awesome. I downloaded a ROM, then i went to Install ROM from SD Card and went through and click the .zip of what i wanted and, well I don't know what "update.zip" is, its at the bottom, do i do that first? and I tried to DL something from clockworkmod, "BlackmodzXupdate.zip" to be specific, and then phone just restarted thats all, never does this boot thing.

Also im really sorry but how do i backup my phone, I think i have. And how would i go back to my back up. I have Titanium backup and I think i backed up on ROMM too. But i honestly dont know lol, sorry im pretty flustered right now.

Also i would really like to hear some peoples finished product phones. Like what Kernal/ROM/theme etc are you using, what did you clock it too, etc. So i know its stable and can just do that.

Cooch33

Reaction score
Sorry, also... I set my CPU to 800, using the stock everything. And now it just jumps between 300 to 800. No numbers inbetween. Before it would just 950, 678, etcetc all the numbers inbetween. How do i get it back to that because it seems like this way is actually making my battery hotter.

Valvoline

Reaction score
you have to install Droid X Bootstrapper as well

plus one!

had the same prob. was looking and lokoing in forums and finally realized i need bootstrapper. once installed run it and then it will do what you want it to do all by itself as a matter of fact. e.g. select install rom in rom manager, select the rom you want. wipe or not, yuor caal, then it will restart into recovery by itself and load the rom. that is how it worked for me anyhow. before it would just reboot and do nothing

bootstrapper is $2 in market

Valvoline

Reaction score
Im running FlyX with Launcher Pro....only complaint is that Better Keyboard always force closes >.<

i think it is a launcher lpus problem. i had the force close problem before i even rooted. (its not the bootleg better keyboard is it?)

DJORDAN

Reaction score
First thing u should be doing with Rom Manager is making a backup of your current rom!!!!!!! This will restore your phone if something goes wrong.

Droid X - Rom: 928DroidX

DJORDAN

Reaction score
Also: if you have a Droid 2 or Droid X, you need to get (BootStrap Recovery)

Droid X Rom:FlyX Theme:928DroidX

Last edited:

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
Im running fly x final with 928droids black theme (freakin awesome by the way). My phone is running smooth with great battery life.

Which version of 928 works with the FlyX Rom?

"Ambitious, but rubbish"-Jezza