What is the most basic STOCK rom?

csphokie

Reaction score
I want to root for the sole purpose of de-binging/de-vzw'ing/de-bloating. I came from a D1 running all different ROMS and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm wanting to keep it simple this time around. Any advice is apprecited! Thanks guys!

millwood

Reaction score
If you are looking for STOCK then you need to go with one that VZW is using right now. ED04 is the most recent release by them. To get it you will need to go back to DL01 or DL09 and then go through the necessary VZW updates to get all the way to ED04.

There is a leaked version of EC09 that is the leaked gingerbread also. That is not an official release by VZW, but it has been leaked. Just a warning on the EC09 release......it has been reported that some users having SD card issues with it. It has been eating SD cards.

OP
C

csphokie

Reaction score
OK, I guess I mis-spoke in my original post

I don't want stock, I actually already have ED04 running. I'm looking for something I can install that is stock minus the bloat, but w/out all the tweaks and kernals that most ROMS come with.

On the D1, while the latest SS5.4 was my favorite, they all had some random issues that I'm looking to avoid this time around.

If you are looking for STOCK then you need to go with one that VZW is using right now. ED04 is the most recent release by them. To get it you will need to go back to DL01 or DL09 and then go through the necessary VZW updates to get all the way to ED04.

There is a leaked version of EC09 that is the leaked gingerbread also. That is not an official release by VZW, but it has been leaked. Just a warning on the EC09 release......it has been reported that some users having SD card issues with it. It has been eating SD cards.

millwood

Reaction score
If you don't want stock then what you are looking for is either a STOCK ROM that has been debloated, debinged, etc......or a SuperClean version of the ROMS. The problem is that nobody seems to be making the Debloated/Debinged ROMS anymore as most of the developers have joined in and begun to make community ROMS. Your best best is to Root the ED04 you currently have and then remove the bloatware and such yourself. This will keep it "STOCK" without all the mess. Other than that you can go back and find some of the older ROMs that were debloated/debinged.

Your best bet is go over to XDA where they are still actively working with the Fascinate and see what you like. Here is a link to most of the ROM's available.

{List}[7.9.11] *VZW* CDMA i500 Roms/Kernels/Radios/Mods - xda-developers

OP
C

csphokie

Reaction score
Thanks for the very informative response! I appreciate it.

My wife has had a fascinate for months and every once in a while I would check out this section and thought I remembered seeing links for a de-bloated rom. Just couldn't seem to find them anymore.

avongil

Reaction score
I spent HOURS installing CWR, a custom rom, then bricking the phone because CWR did not stick. I finally found this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

I installed SuperClean 2.9 with OTB kernel via ODIN. It's really fast. Awesome rom. The Fascinate is a Joy to use now. De-binged and de-bloated, with just the good parts of touch wiz. I wish I would have known earlier, it would have saved me around 5 hours.

Also, it might sound silly, but to me an android phone just simply feels wrong without the Rotary unlock screen!