What would you take this to mean? If your phone won't just not connect to your pc...

Hozzie

Reaction score
but it won't connect to ANY pc, what does this mean?

It will charge from any PC, the PC just won't notice the device at all such that it isn't visible anywhere on the computer.

EDIT: What is the issue with having a 64-bit Windows operating system?

agent: I am sorry to inform you that, we may or may not be able to connect the device to 64 bit Operating system as Microsoft did not release in built device drivers for 64 OS.

She didn't go into this further at all. ?????

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
How many PCs have you tried, and what operating systems were they running?

Did you install any drivers, if so which ones?

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Uncheck USB debugging and it should recognize it. Settings>>developer options

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Good news everyone, I had been trying to connect it with the USB cable that is only for charging lol.... why don't they tell you that there's a difference? I had never read the stickers on the sides.

I had stopped using the one that connects to the computer because it only works about half the time for some reason. This makes me problem a WHOLE lot easier. I can't believe it took me this long.... facepalm. Imagine if I'd actually gone back to the store with my phone and told them something was wrong with it lol

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
So... does anyone know where I can order a uhh "media manager" cable

Nealius

Reaction score
Attaching your gnex to a PC should be as easy as just plugging it into the USB port. The PC might give you a pop up depending on its os. No need for a media cable

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Really?

Mine came with two USB cables, one of which says "Connect this USB Cable to your PC to get started!" on the tag, which causes the pop up to come up, and allows me to add and remove diff stuff from it, etc, and it also charges while it's connected. Sadly it goes out at random.

The other one says simply "Micro USB charging cable for use with..." which allows it to charge when connected to anything, but doesn't let it connect to my computer.

There is clearly a difference between these two cables.

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
I am chatting w/Samsung tech support

agent: I am sorry to inform you that, we may or may not be able to connect the device to 64 bit Operating system as Microsoft did not release in built device drivers for 64 OS.
huh?
:blink:

nubby

Reaction score
Really?

Mine came with two USB cables, one of which says "Connect this USB Cable to your PC to get started!" on the tag, which causes the pop up to come up, and allows me to add and remove diff stuff from it, etc, and it also charges while it's connected. Sadly it goes out at random.

The other one says simply "Micro USB charging cable for use with..." which allows it to charge when connected to anything, but doesn't let it connect to my computer.

There is clearly a difference between these two cables.

I only got one cable. It works for both charging and PC