What's everyones favorite ROM?

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello I'm getting a Fascinate Wednesday and was wondering what ROM or ROM'S are the best as far as stability and speed? Gonna be developing a theme and want the top ROM'S to theme for. Thanks.

Tvo14

Reaction score
CommRom and Evil Fascinate are the two best. CommRom with the PBJ Kernel was the most stable.

Vinnie981

Reaction score
CM7 build 5.....or community rom 2.0 + 2.1 patch on top of it!

for best battery results do community rom with the 1.5 OTB kernel with includes voltage control app

OP
droidx8791

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is CM7 fully functional on the fascinate?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not think CM7 is fully functional yet, right? I like Evil Fascination 3.6 with OTB 1.3 voodoo kernel. Com Rom isn't bad either, but for some reason the latest version 2.1 has been giving me some reboots and sleeps of death, could just be me though. Have tried three different kernels and have tried it installing it on 3 different occasions, so idk what is up.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do we still have to odin back to another rom if we want to switch back from cm7

Sent from my fascinate

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Do we still have to odin back to another rom if we want to switch back from cm7

Sent from my fascinate

Yes if you are currently on CM7 then you need to odin back to dl09 with atlas 2.2.pit and re-partition checked....the ota to ed04 or just odin the radio of your choice. Then you can go back to any other rom.....this goes for MIUI too. But if your currenty on say comm. rom.......all you have to do is flash Miui or CM7 in recovery and bam your goodz

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
I went to community rom and PBJ -50 kernel and am lovin it. Everything running perfect

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Tvo14

Reaction score
I'm running the EC09 Modem/Radio with RommComm 2.1 and OTB 1.5 Kernel. No force closes and use Voltage Control. I tried overclocking to 1.2 but didn't have good results. Everything else is smooth though and the EC09 Radio has given me the best GPS so far.