What's your next phone after the Rezound?

VidJunky

Reaction score
Right now it doesn't look like Verizon has any selection of Sony phones. Well nothing to get excited about. The one I've been following and drooling over is Sony Xperia Z. The look and specs are off the charts right now. I would be happy to stay with HTC, because I like them and I (while in the minority) also like Sense, and this phone by Sony sounds like it may have a launcher similar to HTC's. Everything I'm hearing form the HTC camp is sealed phones, i.e. no SD and no spare battery. Sony's phone is only saying SD, but if the battery life is good or better than average I'd be happy with not being able to change. I've become so used to charging through the day it wouldn't make much difference at this point.

rbw62

Reaction score
Well looks like big Red has some sense after all. They signed up for the One. But it won't be available for months after everyone else releases it. They have to mess it up first, add bloatware, lock it down, etc. No thanks VZW, hello Sprint with better rates!

Sent from Batcave

acejavelin

Reaction score
Well looks like big Red has some sense after all. They signed up for the One. But it won't be available for months after everyone else releases it. They have to mess it up first, add bloatware, lock it down, etc. No thanks VZW, hello Sprint with better rates!

Sent from Batcave
At least you have that option... where I am there are only two viable options, Verizon or AT&T... and Verizon has much better coverage in rural areas which is where I am a fair portion of the time so my choice is essentially made for me. :/

rbw62

Reaction score
Keep your hopes up, Sprint is constantly adding 4g coverage area.

Sent from Batcave

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Keep your hopes up, Sprint is constantly adding 4g coverage area.

Sent from Batcave

Sprint needs to add a whole lot more 4G areas to catch up to Verizon. They aren't even close right now.
Price aside...Verizon is still the best and broadest network, by far.

I have no desire to ditch my Rezound any time soon. It's still an outstanding phone that is arguably the best ICS phone out there, and it's been out for a year and a half. If it would ever get Jelly Bean, forget about it...I could see myself keeping it for a long time.

My plan is to stick with Verizon and my unlimited data until they kick me off of it. My contract is up in June of 2014, and soon after that there won't be anyone left on Verizon that has a contract that also has unlimited data, so they could shut that down then...hopefully they don't.

If my phone crapped out tomorrow, I'd go get a Nexus 4 if it had 4G on it...but since it doesn't, I might go get a used Droid Razr Maxx. I've always been a fan of Motorola's build quality, and I don't want to pay $600 to outright buy a brand new phone.

rbw62

Reaction score
True, but they are constantly adding
to 4g.
Just read from Merrill Lynch from an email sent out to its employees that the HTC ONE will be released in US next week!
Can't wait to get my hands on it....
Heck yea the Rezound rocks! I paid for mine off eBay, like New in box late last year. Not one second of trouble, nada, unlike the POS Thundering blister, which I had 3 replacements.
I think why they won't put JB on it is because of what you said. It is still a dam good phone & people would keep using it for another year or 2.
I know it has the hp to run it. Well so long Rezound, Hello ONE!..

Sent from Batcave

Xander Crews

Reaction score
True, but they are constantly adding
to 4g.
Just read from Merrill Lynch from an email sent out to its employees that the HTC ONE will be released in US next week!
Can't wait to get my hands on it....
Heck yea the Rezound rocks! I paid for mine off eBay, like New in box late last year. Not one second of trouble, nada, unlike the POS Thundering blister, which I had 3 replacements.
I think why they won't put JB on it is because of what you said. It is still a dam good phone & people would keep using it for another year or 2.
I know it has the hp to run it. Well so long Rezound, Hello ONE!..

Sent from Batcave

I think the reason why the Rezound isn't getting JB is simply because based on HTC's financial situation, they aren't going to spend time/effort/money on something right now that isn't going to make them money. And releasing JB for the Rezound will only cost them money.
I hope they surprise some people and throw a bone to their loyal fans and give us JB to drum up some positive PR or something. That would be nice.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Samsung Note 2

I believe I will get a Samsung Note 2 when I upgrade. I wanted at 5” screen and minimum 3000mAh battery. I also wanted stereo speakers too but very few models have feature. A good 8Mp camera was also in the requirements. The Note2 has most of these features.

I think the max screen size I want is the 5.5”. I know the Note3 is on the way but I suspect the screen will be over the 5.5” mark.

That is my two cents.

rbw62

Reaction score
To me, what good is a killer 1080 hd screen without proper sound to go along with it. Sure you you can spend $$$$ for a Bluetooth ex speaker, or do. Hookup to a stero, but I don't want to carry around extra stuff.
So why not build an amp in, with stero? Well HTC did just that with the ONE. Now that is good sense, a full 1080 hd screen, & an amp powering front facing twin speakers! Nice, way to go HTC!
With my VZW contract over, can't wait to get the ONE, on SPRINT,since VZW is not smart enough to carry the next big phone.

Sent from Batcave

flamewalker

Reaction score
Apparently you haven't heard? Vzw will get the One, but delayed by about a month. I wouldn't leave Vzw over that... The service quality is more important to me than a short delay.

rbw62

Reaction score
Apparently you have not read all the rumors as I have. They are rumors and speculation. VZW may rebrand the One and muck it up with bloatware. I have been with VZW for 4 yrs now, before that it was Sprint back in the good ole days of 5lb phones. Well I am over VZW & all the vs they pull.

Sent from Batcave

flamewalker

Reaction score
Yeah... The lack of updates is frustrating to a techie like me... But I'm not afraid to tinker so I usually get the latest anyways :)