when is Verizon giving DNA updates?

kcooldude

Reaction score
Verizon is holding many updates from us. For example we are a few versions down from the newest android version. We don't even have sense 5, whereas HTC one does. Our last update was minor bug fixes, I think, in april. Updates should be coming in, at the most, every 3 months

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I read somewhere that HTC wants 4.3 on the DNA. How long that'll take, nobody knows. Verizon never really gives a time frame and sends out updates after "extensive testing".

OP
K

kcooldude

Reaction score
Verizons connectivity is good, but their service about updates suck

scott9050

Reaction score
Latest word is that they are skipping 4.2 and going to 4.3. HTC will release sometime in September, but Verizon testing could hold it back quite a bit longer than that.

loonie

Reaction score
Droid DNA should see Android 4.2 and Sense 5 by the end of September.

Verizon’s Droid DNA, its version of the HTC Butterfly, is still without Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Sense 5 despite the update being available for the HTC Butterfly in Asia and elsewhere. Fortunately, it’s for good reason.

Like the HTC One, the Droid DNA will skip Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and head right to Android 4.3 with Sense 5 on board. And like the HTC One, HTC plans to get this update to customers by the end of September.

HTC and Verizon have not issued a specific date for the updat

kerb7777

Reaction score
This will be great provided its really true! I hope it is......

oDECREEx

Reaction score
This will be great provided its really true! I hope it is......

Do you think it's possibly at all, if AT&T puts out the ota first, that (since the dna is sim unlocked) you could put the AT&T sim card in (if you're on another carrier that doesn't have it yet) and take the ota then Pop back in per say Verizon sim card?

OP
K

kcooldude

Reaction score
That actually sounds like it will work. But if at&t does it first..

oDECREEx

Reaction score
That actually sounds like it will work. But if at&t does it first..

Well, I'm on Verizon and I've already flashed the HTC one port of sense 5 to the dna. But I was just thinking. So that should work because Verizon is ALWAYS last.

kerb7777

Reaction score
Here it is almost half way through September and unless u root ur phone there is still no update!

kerb7777

Reaction score
According to Jason Mackenzie, HTC’s president of global sales, the HTC One and DROID DNA will receive Android 4.3 before the end of September. We have recently seen the international HTC One receive Android 4.2.2, but Mackenzie also confirmed this weekend that the U.S. version will likely skip right to 4.3 since 4.2.2 was so minor.

I wouldn’t say we are surprised at all by this, as HTC seems to be attempting to update phones as fast as possible these days, but it was nice to see the DNA name-dropped in there. Launched at the end of last year as HTC’s flagship for Verizon, we feel as if it gets neglected from time to time.

Via: *@JasonMacHTC