When will we be able to buy the extended battery and cover?

kenkamm

Reaction score
Anyone know when the extended battery and cover will be available from Verizon?

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Is this spam??

Seriously I've seen people talk about extended batterys, extended battery covers, and even docks that hold the droid with the extended battery.

If you really couldn't find information about it, then you are searching the wrong terms.

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
Ok, genius, I guess I'm searching the wrong terms. Instead of writing a diatribe on how much information you've personally seen, how about answering the *%$ing question if you're so freaking smart.

Alternatively, consider this. My message was spam, written specifically for you. So ignore this thread from here on out and just go away.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I'm not trying to offend you or make you feel unwelcome, or dumb. I do not intend to offend you. Also, I understand where you are coming from because I have been to all too many forums where once helpful members begin to use "Google it." or "Google that" or simply linking google.com and leaving the post at that, because the member simply feels everything can be solved by searching Google.

However after reading your response I feel no need to help you, I'm sure that comes as no surprise.
I hope you find your answer sooner than later.

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
Ok, can we start over? :) As I understand why you wouldn't want to help me at this point, I would imagine that you can understand why I was offended by your post. I'm over it and hopefully you are too.

So, moving on. I did in fact do a search and find lists of what accessories would be available, and even found prices. However, I did not find dates for availability. The info I found just said something like "post launch" and I don't know if that means two months from launch, or the day after launch.

I will do some more searching when I find some time.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Seidio offers the slin extended battery for the Incredible now! It is the same as the one for the Eris- 1750 MAH. I ordered mine yesterday from Amazon $41.00

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. But I'm looking for the one that verizon plans to offer with the replacement back cover.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. But I'm looking for the one that verizon plans to offer with the replacement back cover.

I seriously doubt that Verizon will offer anything more than a slim extended battery. They may not even invest in any extended battery. You may have to look at aftermarket products

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Ok, can we start over? :) As I understand why you wouldn't want to help me at this point, I would imagine that you can understand why I was offended by your post. I'm over it and hopefully you are too.

So, moving on. I did in fact do a search and find lists of what accessories would be available, and even found prices. However, I did not find dates for availability. The info I found just said something like "post launch" and I don't know if that means two months from launch, or the day after launch.

I will do some more searching when I find some time.

Sure thing! Firstly I believe I misread your original post as I misinterpreted "from Verizon" or didn't see it at all.

I am unsure if Verizon is offering the extended battery for the Motorola Droid anywhere, I am sure that they are not offering it in my area.

HTC Droid Incredible Accessories - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

I would like to note: as a reference, the standard battery that comes with the Droid from VZW is 1300maH. In my opinion is is a great battery, and I think I bought an extended battery for my XV6700 (Windows Mobile 5) that did about as good as my standard battery on this Droid. But of course with more ability and power comes more use... so I am sure I will invest in one sooner or later.

This is a thread on the VZW forums which got me a helpful link:

Enter your location

After typing in my location I got a list I had to refine in order to sort through the everything. I couldn't even search, I could only "filter" and after multiple "filter" tries I finally found that "Chargers and Batteries" Then "Batteries" Then "Motorola" brought it under 100 pages down to 1 page, and the only battery let was the Moto Droid battery (not extended) for $39.99 (PART# MOTA855BAT).

Seidio seems to have the most popular extended battery, this thread (on droidforums.net)has over 45,000 views and when I was searching for Google I saw too many repeats of this battery. After searching Google for other terms I couldn't find the name of that other brand.

http://www.seidio.com/products.html Has a really nice site and seem to have a good following. If you read that others are really liking the 2600maH (or 2400, I saw links to both on Google) battery is worth it, I would invest in it. I do not know how it is covered, if it is covered, by Verizon's insurance, or Asurion if you have it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/9569-seidio-2600mah-extended-battery.html

*EDIT*
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hhrv.htm
Home > Verizon Wireless > HTC Droid Incredible > Batteries & Accessories
I searched by Carrier, "Verizon Wireless" and then in categories at the top" Batteries & Accessories" and their Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery (which fits the existing slot) is available, but not the extended battery. This battery is $49.95.
Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery is also advertised with no MSRP price, and as "Coming Soon!" because it is unavailable.

A quick re-search reveals:
http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3912.htm
I searched by brand Motorola > Selected Droid (First choice) > Batteries & Accessories > then just Batteries to get all the extra stuff off the screen.
Now I find Home Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery for $69.95 and Innocell 1350mAh Slim Replacement Battery for $29.95

Seidio : We design two types for the most popular Smartphones. Our slim Innocell extended life battery is for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn’t want to add any thickness to their device. This model usually fits in the existing space and doesn’t require a replacement door. Our larger capacity Innocell batteries are for the avid traveler who can’t always get to a charger. These batteries are up to triple the capacity of the original and usually come with a door finished to match either the phone’s original color, or in black with our signature “rubberized” coating.

I hope this post was of at least a little help!

Last edited:

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Cool, I have not seen that or those pictures before now. But I don't fully understand why the trouble of finding a Verizon specific one, unless it is to be covered by insurance? However I have never had to use mine, so I do not know if it covers accessories including batteries from other companies. If it didn't, I know I would have my old (VZW standard battery) safe back at home as an extra, I suppose.

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
The reason I was looking for the verizon one is because I saw somewhere that there would be a replacement back cover for it, that looks like the stock cover, but is a little bit extended. Might look nicer than a big wart on the back, that's all.

robdroid

Reaction score
I'll have to finish reading your post and checking out all your links, but here's what I was referring to. In another piece of information I found, it mentioned a replacement back cover made to work with the battery. Not sure about that one right now though, I can't find that link at the moment.

HTC Incredible Accessories Pictures & Prices Leak! | Android Phone Fans

Hi Kenkamm,
Could it have been a 3300Mah battery and new larger back case which was actually for the HTC Eris that youve seen? I saw that also and the confusion may have been because the Eris and the Incredible can make use of the same 1750Mah Battery offered in after market.

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
I'll have to finish reading your post and checking out all your links, but here's what I was referring to. In another piece of information I found, it mentioned a replacement back cover made to work with the battery. Not sure about that one right now though, I can't find that link at the moment.

HTC Incredible Accessories Pictures & Prices Leak! | Android Phone Fans

Hi Kenkamm,
Could it have been a 3300Mah battery and new larger back case which was actually for the HTC Eris that youve seen? I saw that also and the confusion may have been because the Eris and the Incredible can make use of the same 1750Mah Battery offered in after market.

I'm sure it was for the incredible. Said so right on the sheet I saw when I was at the verizon store, and had pictures as well.

ksfrogman

Reaction score
I perused this thread, but didn't see reference to what I posted on another thread. I spoke with a Verizon associate today; she told me a HTC 2150 mAh extended battery will be available soon, presumably in a few weeks. It will come with a new battery door (i.e., case back).