where are the gb leak custom roms at for the droid2?

cydetrakd

Reaction score
Im just curious as to where all the great custom roms based off the gb leak for the droid2? I seen that there is one for the dx but why not the d2 with everything intact? I'm beginning to feel that we are the step children of the droid family at the moment.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I dont think there are any GB ROMs yet, but a couple will come...in time. Most the dev's jumped to the Thunderbolt, including kejar....so I don't know if a liberty gb rom will be released. And yes, us D2 owners are the step child, DX comes first.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am in no rush for a ROM....this GB is very nice, fast, stable, great...and I mean GREAT on battery.

Yes ROM's would make this even nicer and maybe faster....but I don't know about more stable or better on Batter life...

When one comes I am sure I will be watching closely...but until then I am loving this GB.

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I'm feeling it too for the most part its fast and stable but the lack of themes is killing it for me. I tried gingerjuice and its alright but pretty glitchy most of which i can deal with but every time i used voice search it kept telling me it didn't have the right to search displaying this on a official google page and most of the labels are jacked. what themes are you guys rocking and please link.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Stock theme, and im waiting for a custom rom...I miss the shell scripts and perks of a custom rom, but I also have a rom flashing addiction.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I have a rom flashing addiction too. Haha. I miss the themes and just the lack of bloat. 445mb installed GB on my droid 2, but my girlfriend's Droid 1 has ultimate droid 2.3.3 installed at only 60mb. Her phone seriously runs just as fast as mine. Our phones are freaking studly hardware, we just need the software to back it up. I know gingerbread roms will help, but custom roms + kernel = effing beast. Lol.

91venom

Reaction score
Don't worry there will be I personally am working with a developer to get one working

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I would like to see some custom stuff too since I like to flash. I got inpatient and flashed the new Liberty, but for some reason I'm just not as happy with it as I was the GB leak. GB was just so smooth and I feel like when I wanted something I got it. I seem to have to work harder to get Liberty to run like I want it to, which seems opposite to me.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I would like to see some custom stuff too since I like to flash. I got inpatient and flashed the new Liberty, but for some reason I'm just not as happy with it as I was the GB leak. GB was just so smooth and I feel like when I wanted something I got it. I seem to have to work harder to get Liberty to run like I want it to, which seems opposite to me.

I know right? I'm in the same boat. I ran the GB leak for about a week, just flashed to Liberty 2.0 3 days ago. I did miss the themes and the general tweakiness, but it still doesn't feel just how blazing GB was. It is fast, just not that fast. If GB hadn't been leaked Liberty 2.0 would be off the charts in my opinion as a Froyo ROM. Ha. I'm personally freaking out for an Apex GB build. Liberty will be fantastic. I love having choice of two fantastic builds. yay android! :p :icon_ banana: dancedroid :icon_ banana:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must admit I love to flash....as much as you see me say "I am in no rush" let me be honest and say as soon as one comes out I will most likely be flashing it....after backup of course.

OP
C

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I hope a really nice rom with a ton of themes come out for the d2 based on the gb leak its a shame a ton of devs jump ship to the tb but I am a fan of physical keyboards had them on my last my last four phones in five years from my alltel phones the 6700, 6800 touch pro, and my og droid.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
it really does suck. I'm stuck for another two years, it really sucks that I'm like one month into using my Droid 2 and most of the devs are already leaving. Liberty and Apex are both awesome, but the OG Droid and my Eris before that all had at least half a dozen ROMs at a time. ha. I really miss my Droid... my gf's runs just as fast mine thanks to Ultimate Droid. gah

jocko1

Reaction score
The physical keyboard is a real keeper, its just so dissapointing to see only 2, maybe 3, legit ROMs for us D2 users. And same here willy, I just got mine about a month ago also. I suppose I may have to live in a somewhat ignorant joy, as this is my first Android phone. But just the savoring thought of tons of sick ROMs to be flashing is making my mouth water... that darned bootloader!

ahC_hED

Reaction score
This is my first android phone as well, got mine in august tho, with a year and a half left. My wifes phone is eligable for an upgrade, so im holding out for the new phones to drop, as shes happy with her lg dare. Its just a shame that the D2, DX, and D2G are such awesome phones but due to the big evil M, their life wont last too much longer.

Sent from my DROID2 of Shame!