Where to download AOKP for droid razr

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
I am looking to flash AOKP to my device. I am rooted and have safestrap. I can't tell where to find the download and instructions and don't know which is compatible with my razr. I am on firmware 6.12.181.xt912 I want to use the cobalt theme for AOKP so any help would be great! Thanks.

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
Sorry if it's a stupid question I just can't seem to figure it out on my own without worrying I'm doing something wrong.

bmali22

Reaction score
You can flash the black widow ROM for .181 from droidrzr.com make sure its not the one that says (ics leak) the ROM has the theme engine where you can install that cobalt theme. The ROM itself takes awhile to set up just an fyi

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply. I'm out now but I'm gonna look into that later and I'll keep posted how it goes.

bmali22

Reaction score
DCarrollUSMC said:
Thanks very much for the reply. I'm out now but I'm gonna look into that later and I'll keep posted how it goes.

Any luck? Here is my phone running eclipse 1.3 with the urban theme

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
Hey actually I did have luck. Apparently I was using safe strap 1.7 instead of 1.9 in my first attempts. Managed to get black widow flashed and then installed the theme. Love it.

bmali22

Reaction score
I had problems connecting to 4g so I went back to eclipse... Did you have any issues at all

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
Yea right now I can't ever connect to 4g. I thought I read a work around for that somewhere though. Will post what I find.

bmali22

Reaction score
Did you figure anything out on the 4g issue? Mine was weird it worked for awhile then just shut off. Eclipse does not have theme chooser. I think there is 5 or so flashable themes.

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
I did figure it out. There is an easy way to restore data if you lose it. I have found that I only have a problem when my phone goes from having Wi-Fi to then trying to get 4g service. I'll post a link to the fix I found in a minute.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually you toggle GSM and wait til the screen flickers, then wait 3-5 seconds and toggle LTE/CDMA/GSM

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
That is exactly correct. Some might have a problem though and the application method will not always get data back. I think the dev said to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and then reboot. Then when you reboot, it's about timing.

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
I haven't had any data issues since really and if I have to do a manual tweak every once and a while to regain 4g when III leave Wi-Fi then so be it. The phone is much faster and looks great.

OP
DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Reaction score
The only thing is I have no lights on my navigation bar below the Verizon logo anymore. Any idea how to fix this? I thought disabling the theme nav bar might do it but it didn't.