Which phone razr hd or galaxy s3 ?

dl1762

Reaction score
Which one and why

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I've had both. I ended up keeping the s3 and selling the razr hd. The battery life is good on the hd and the build quality is pretty nice. The s3 has a slightly bigger screen and it makes a difference. The razr hd has on screen buttons (which I absolutely hate). The s3 is much smoother. Im waiting for my new s4 to arrive and im going to give the s3 to girlfriend. I will be her first smart phone.....also the removable battery is nice on the s3.

s_a

Reaction score
As far as I know, the "strengths" of the S3 over the HD is the camera and 2 gigs of ram vs 1. The camera is not really that bad, though (much better than what it used to be on the Motorola DROID 3), and I doubt you really "need" those two gigs. Now, what the HD has over the S3: better build, solid feel WITHOUT bring heavy on the hand (fits perfectly mine), not too large while having a reasonably big and clear, vivid display, better battery life (the battery being user irreplaceable is only a problem if you were the multi-battery smartphone user, but you could argue that you don't need to do that anymore), and subjective better looks.

Frankly, the S3 is not ugly, but it does feel terribly flimsy, and I gotta admit, even overpriced for the build quality. Unfortunately, marketing is a powerful tool, and many things which are just very nice are sometimes sold as godly and "must haves". There's nothing wrong with the 3S, of course, but you gotta be aware of reality vs commercial hype when dealing with it-it's just an effective, though rather cheap-feeling phone that has gotten wildly popular through marketing, especially as it's usually deemed as the iPhone's nemesis.

The white HD I have is wonderful, though, and what works for me- try them out and see. If popular opinion matters to you, you'll go for S3 (the "cool" choice, so to speak, though the S4 is now "cooler"), but if it's about what feels good for you as an individual, both phones are really nice, and you will note that the HD is wonderful despite it not being the iconic phone to have that everybody will talk about.

I don't need society's approval, so I chose what works best, looks best, and lasts for m-the RAZR HD (noting that there are also S3 users who don't necessarily chose the S3 just to fit with their peers.) S3 is a nice phone, yes, but not for me for the reasons already mentioned.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Part of the problem with carrier exclusive phones is limited sales. The Galaxy phones are now the same across carriers. This increases availability of accessories. My family has slowly converted to Samsung devices. This makes it easy to transfer large files from device to device using wifi Direct. Wifi Direct does not use cell or wifi data. The S3 camera is also very nice.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would say HD > S3 for reason already mentioned.
BUT I would say
S4 > HD

marsha12151

Reaction score
HD

I had the S3 and returned it. The phone reception was unbelievably bad. Apparently a majorissue for many people and not an issue for others. My Droid R HD has no such issues - reception is great in areas the S3 was dropping calls. It is a phone afterall!

OP
D

dl1762

Reaction score
I am getting the S3 for now. Two reasons my son has accessories I can use and I really want the next nexus whenever it comes out with 4g LTE

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

chuckh1958

Reaction score
I am getting the S3 for now. Two reasons my son has accessories I can use and I really want the next nexus whenever it comes out with 4g LTE

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't touch another Samsung phone with a ten foot pole. I've had two Samsung smartphones. A galaxy s and an older Windows Smartphone. I had many problems with both. Everything from constant freezing to bluetooth pairings: that would drop all by themselves. I was constantly having to repair my phone with other devices. I have friends with s3 that report the same thing. I'd go with the Motorola.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Which one and why

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

GS3. Trust me, the GS4 is not as fast as everyone thought, my friend has one and even he says its just a GS3 but newer and actually misses the GS3.

I have the HD and its mind blowing the amount of unmovable garbage on there and the lag is lagtastic.

six37

Reaction score
Razr HD. Because it's better built, has better battery and bloatware is easy to uninstall/disable. GS3 is good but it looks cheap because of plastic body

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My personal choice would be the Razr HD. I think the build quality is better than the GS3. I think Motorola has better accessories (desk dock, car dock, lapdock, etc.) than other phone brands. I think the Motorola UI is easier to setup & navigate than other phones also, but a lot of people don't like the Moto UI. Lastly, our company started issuing the GS3 to management to replace their Blackberry's. I helped my boss set his phone up since he has never seen an android phone and it had twice as much bloatware as any of my Motorola phones ever had. Maybe that was part of the corporate phone purchase only, but after seeing that phone I don't understand how people complain about Motorola bloatware. I think they are both great phones all in all.

six37

Reaction score
My personal choice would be the Razr HD. I think the build quality is better than the GS3. I think Motorola has better accessories (desk dock, car dock, lapdock, etc.) than other phone brands. I think the Motorola UI is easier to setup & navigate than other phones also, but a lot of people don't like the Moto UI. Lastly, our company started issuing the GS3 to management to replace their Blackberry's. I helped my boss set his phone up since he has never seen an android phone and it had twice as much bloatware as any of my Motorola phones ever had. Maybe that was part of the corporate phone purchase only, but after seeing that phone I don't understand how people complain about Motorola bloatware. I think they are both great phones all in all.

You are damn right about bloatware!!!

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I understand the dislike of bloatware as much as the next person, however, I've decided to hide all the crap on my S4, and then ignore and never update them. Tis a real shame that Verizon is not offering a Google Edition S4.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Razr HD is built better, but really, thats just a minor point, not like you hand your phone around the room.

If you want a phone that likes to behave one day, then freeze up, act strange, double click on contacts to call them, and be extremely slow when its 1GB of RAM is being used ALL the way up...

The Razr is all about that!

s_a

Reaction score
Razr HD is built better, but really, thats just a minor point, not like you hand your phone around the room.

If you want a phone that likes to behave one day, then freeze up, act strange, double click on contacts to call them, and be extremely slow when its 1GB of RAM is being used ALL the way up...

The Razr is all about that!

Not really, that's your own personal experience, which is valid (and it's of course OK to dislike your phone), but shouldn't be used as a general measurement of how the phone will perform for everybody else. Mine doesn't have the problems you seem to have, and lag is very rare (even the supposed keyboard lag), and IME has been due to sub-optimal apps (no offense). Runs smoothly, efficiently, and without problems for me, though I am sorry that's not your case, and I hope you are able to fix your issues with your device.