While we wait ....

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
We have like a whole month to suffer while we wait for our new phones.

So just fer grins, what will you do to help ease the suffering ?

I'm plotting and planning.

Hoping we have a custom recovery before I actually get it
Once the box arrives I will:
1. Install the screen protector
2. Unlock the boot loader
3. Make a nandroid
4 ROOT IT!
5. Put it in it's case
6. Profit

If I receive my invite to Project Fi I will sign up and use it there for a couple of months before I kick Big Red to the curb.

How bout you ?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I will check youtube daily for new videos. The quick hands on ones there now are all the same and quite boring. I'm hoping reviewers will get theirs ASAP if they didn't already get to take one at the launch event so we can get some more input/deeper looks.

I'll also debate buying a case right away and continue to watch my email inbox for shipment confirmation.

This could be a fun experiment to see who ships it faster, Google or Huawei, since I ordered mine from the latter and everyone else on the forum has so far ordered from big G.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I check for videos too. The days just crawl by until I can finally order one.. 1 month.. So far away.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm avoiding all the reviews. The only opinion I care about now that the $$$ is spent is MINE!

But seriously, since I'm coming from an antique Note II - I will probably be wow'd! and kinda like movies, my opinions and the reviewers rarely jibe.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh yeah, I don't take much to heart with reviewers. I actually stopped watching some of the hands on ones where they were complaining about the camera bump. One of the others, I liked more because they said it's really not as pronounced as the pictures made it look. Since I'm ok with the idea of it, I don't care what you think of it. Show me the software and give me battery life stats (I'm assuming these will be pretty good. If nothing else, just because of the size of the battery.)

Also, @popcenator, if you have to wait a month to order, you won't be waiting too much longer than anyone else.

@cynkrzy, did Google say these would ship in 5-7 weeks from them? Huawei didn't even bother to tell me how long I should expect to wait before it ships.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I usually only watch reviews to see opinions on battery life and watch when they're messing with the phone to see how smooth it is. I just wonder, since it's the 810 and being metal, will it have overheating issues like the others, and will the signal be good.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm banking on the V2.1 meaning they solved the overheating issues. And that the antennas being in the "hump" will make for great reception.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm banking on the V2.1 meaning they solved the overheating issues. And that the antennas being in the "hump" will make for great reception.
Yes, but supposedly, from what I read a little while back, most of the phones that overheated were using V2.1 of the chip. I don't know if that was ever confirmed or not.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What's the icons for "see no evil"? Guess it's a leap faith....

You'd think Google would ensure a nexus phone would be a credit to the name, not a black mark.

Time will tell