White screen show marks on screen like burned, how to repair?(screen persistence)

klabacita

Reaction score
Hi.

I purchase a razr xt912, used, I detect that went I open my browser who has a white background I see some mark on my screen phone, like went u live the screen without screensaver for a long time.

I contact the seller and he told this:

Hi, What you are describing is screen persistence and it is a common trait of the OLED displays used by Motorola on the RAZR phones. It is usually only visible on a white or very light gray background. The common fix is to download a "flash light" app that uses the screen as the light source not the camera flash and keep it on for about 5 minutes. That refreshes the OLED display.

I install some screen flashlight and did what he point me for 5 minutes, using my screen as source, I shutdown the app but the marks continue there, I show u here a picture of my phone.

Everything works just this issue and wondering if can be fix?

Thanks for your time.

View attachment 67884

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Although "Burn in" is possible it is NOT common. That is untrue.
Usually when there is screen burn-in it will look like something: an icon, the notification bar, an onject from a game.
Yours looks like nothing, a random blob. To my untrained eye, and I might be wrong, but to me it looks like the display is damaged behind the glass.