Who is going to...[Re-Revisited]-Vending.apk

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks Andy for pointing this out and thanks Christie for getting this up
guess I know what I'll try to do over the next night :)

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Going to try to get "black market" out sometime today... thanks for posting the stock app....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Grrrrrr I just got the other one themed

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2.3.4 Market has just Blacked Out.. go to my section and get it before Google updates again!!! lol

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for this ecseand!

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Google does it to keep us on our toes :)

kedmond

Reaction score
Help installing Vending.apk

Guys, I have been searching forums all day and it's driving me crazy. How do I install the latest working Vending.apk? I just want the stock version.

I'm using CyanogenMod 6.1.2 (Stable) on the Motorola Droid 1. I installed via ROM Manager, and am using the latest version of that.

The version of Vending.apk I have right now just force closes after it tries to launch. I've checked the permissions and all that.

I'm using Super Manager as my file management program.

I've tried going to recovery mode and installing Vending.apk from a zip file. I don't know what people mean when they say that they use "update.zip" to install anything.

All of the instructions I've found so far have been unclear. I don't want to flash or reinstall everything on my phone. I just want Market to be updated!

Thanks.

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Except my market never changed. It always stayed green, and now it won't even open without force closing. I would love to get my Black Market back.... :(

PS: I am running CM7 on the D1.

kedmond

Reaction score
This is what I did to get it to work on CM 6.1.2 on Moto Droid 1.

1. Buy and install Root Explorer.

2. Download the Vending.apk, version 2.2.7, and put it at the root of my SD card. Do this via dropbox or the USB cable. It doesn't matter where you put it on the SD card or how you get it there. I downloaded an unsigned copy of 2.2.7, I think. Maybe it doesn't matter. Here's a link to the signed copy: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

3. I then downloaded/installed ZipSigner from the Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=kellinwood.zipsigner

Yes, I realize you need a working version of Market to get this APK. But you can get this app with Market 1.8.x.

4. I then run ZipSigner on the new Version.apk that you put on your SD Card. This should take a few seconds. You should see it crunching away via a status bar.

5. Back up a copy of your current Vending.apk (version 1.8.2). Just COPY it to your SDCard, and change the name to "Vending.apkOLD" for example. Just don't replace your new copy that's sitting there.

6. Using Root Explorer, copy your new Vending.apk, which has been signed by ZipSigner, from the SD card to /system/app/Vending.apk

This will effectively replace your Market app. What worked for me was writing over the existing app with this new one. Don't ask me why.

7. Using Root Explorer again, I changed the permissions of the Vending.apk to what they're supposed to be: Vendingapk permissions image by gtpdjw on Photobucket

And that's it. I rebooted right away. I held my breath, and it worked.

Last edited:

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
I'm currently restoring CM7 to a previous backup. I want to get to a point where the market at least works, no matter what version it is.

Then I will attempt to get this to work again.

EDIT: SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Here are the steps I took...

1. I reflashed to a previous backup of CM7. (I did NOT wipe data and cache this time.)
2. I checked to make sure the Market was present.
3. I went into Manage Apps and confirmed the version number. It was 2.3.4.
4. I went into Titanium and froze the Market Updater.
5. I flashed the 2.2.7 version of the Market.
6. I checked to make sure everything was working correctly.
7. Checked for the Market in App Drawer.
8. I reflashed the Black Market zip.
9. Then I checked to make sure the Market was in the App Drawer again, it should be in a different place.
10. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is the Market now blacked out, but it no longer force closes, AND I can finally update apps once again! The problem as far as I can tell is all about the Market version. DO NOT try to install the Black Market over top of the 2.3.4 version!!

Last edited: