Who is planning on upgrading to the Droid Pro

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it is early in the game but I have had my (Robotic Droid) eye on this device since the first time I got word of it (thanks CK) so being the second thread in the Official Droid Pro section of the Forum my question is who is holding on to their upgrade for the release of the Droid Pro, locked bootloader or not, and why

I'm digging the 4.0" screen. The Droid X seemed a little too big for my taste. Is the rumor still that there will be a physical keyboard? I'm unsure if I can make the jump to to the virtual keyboard.

I passed on the X and the 2 for this phone....definitely jumping on board with it.

While I normally change phones only when my 2-year contract is up, I might go for this one.

After a day or so with no tactile keyboard you'll never miss it, I opted for the Moto Droid over the Eris way back when and I never use the slider.

Ditto. Passing up the X and the 2 to upgrade my Droid to the Pro in November. Keyboard or not as I never use the hard keyboard unless I am in recovery mode as Swype works wonders.

Truly hoping for ROM-ability but not as critical as it was getting the "classic" overclocked from 550mhtz to 1.2ghtz. Definitely better be rootable however.

I was on the D1 bus the first two weeks it was out. With mine rooted, oc'd and running BB.... I see no reason to go to D2.

I'm hoping this thing does NOT have a physical keyboard. I LOVE swype and never use the slider.

I get my annual VIP upgrade in Nov, will be waiting for this one!

decisions...decisions....the X or pro....my brain can't take all these choices

I have been watching news on the Droid Pro. I got my D1 in December using another phones upgrade that is on my account. My line is up in december and if the Pro has a physical keyboard I am going for it. Sounds like a great phone and it will be smaller than than X. I just think the X is too big and the deal breaker, at least for me, is no physical keyboard

Sent from my Droid 1 using Tapatalk

My upgrade is in November and i'm probably going to upgrade to either the pro or the Samsung Fascinate. If the Droid Pro has motoblur, no thanks.

when CK first posted the possible specs, i made up my mind that Pro was going to be my next phone. but now with the subsequent rumors being that it won't have a 2 ghz processor (or a dual core 1ghz), i may wait and see. i might have been able to go without custom roms for a while (altho it would have been extremely difficult) with the upgraded processor, but without it i will probably just hold onto my D1 and wait for the LTE phones to drop in the spring...

Huskerkate I wouldn't believe the rumors you read on BGR and Droid Life over bill and Winston.

They have not confirmed or denied those specs yet and until they do those specs have ZERO validity.

These guys are the ONLY reliable source on Motorola devices this early in.

Sent from my Droid

They have not confirmed or denied those specs yet and until they do those specs have ZERO validity.
I am still hoping for the originally posted specs, as I am sure most of us are

Back