Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

UNC

Reaction score
Thanks Cereal Killer. I'll definitely check that site out. Also thinking about getting the T2 if/when it comes to Verizon. It sounds sweet. :)

That site does look fake. The have Gingerbread listed as the OS yet they do not have the Android OS version number.
It soo looks like a IPhone 4 copycat with MIUI home. Has anyone even seen Gingerbread? Screenshot or anything?

Back to this thread: What is going to be worth upgrading to?

There is nothing out!

seems like a waste of a holiday shopping season on Verizon's part....

Galaxy Tab, droid 2 global, droid pro, continuum? That's a pretty good mix.

With that being said I think Verizon is clearing landing space for the vPhone4 in early January....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Rhyyke

Reaction score
i've got two separate lines, one with a D1 the other with a lg envtouch. i got an upgrade available but i'm waiting for LTE/dual core before i upgrade either; looking at the HDInc and whatever moto has in store for early next year.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
UNC there is no iPhone in January or any other month for that matter in 2011 : ) thats rumor, bad rumor if that : )

donelam304

Reaction score
I still use my Droid. I am running Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.9 with watermarked theme and slayer v1.9 1275slv. No problems yet. I love it. And as far as phones I am looking for. I want a LTE phone. But I seen a nasty blurb today that there will not be any LTE phones released on verizons service this year. That sux.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I still use my Droid. I am running Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.9 with watermarked theme and slayer v1.9 1275slv. No problems yet. I love it. And as far as phones I am looking for. I want a LTE phone. But I seen a nasty blurb today that there will not be any LTE phones released on verizons service this year. That sux.

If your say "this year" hen we only have a month and a half :)

Turn that frown upside down! dancedroid

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Still loving my D1, ill be holding into this and my upgrade until a device similar in battery life and customizability comes out from HTC or motorola with the tegra2 chips on board. Must be minimum 1ghz and 4" screen. The Olympus or incredible HD are looking like they'll fit the bill nicely.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

xmguy

Reaction score
I like the DX. But until a FULL REAL Nandroid backup can be done and unlocked bootloader for roms. I'll keep my Droid 1 thanks.

Aram58

Reaction score
I've had my d1 sense launch and the Inc HD and the Olympus r the only two phones that have even made me think of upgrading. Right now my D1 is not working very well (keyboard and side buttons quit working) and my gf can't understand why I wont get a replacement w my insurance (they say they don't have any and want to send me a X)

If my phone was mysteriously dropped off my roof then I would get a droid x from assurion? Tough decision

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score
I have the original droid and its been rooted since the third day I had it. Every new phone catches my eye but I think Im gonna go for the olympus, if I can hold out until november I can use my any2 upgrade.

harrellj

Reaction score
I have the D1 and its been rooted for a few months now, but nothing has caught my eye. I'll be taking a closer look at available phones when my any2 upgrade is available next summer (perfect time to pick up an LTE phone).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

With that being said I think Verizon is clearing landing space for the vPhone4 in early January....

D2 Global (re-release of an already available device), Galaxy Tab (not a phone), Continuum (meh... if you wanna consider this a high end competitor go ahead... not for me :)) and Droid Pro (it's marketed in competition with BB devices... not in the same category as the all touch screen devices IMO)

so... as I stated... weak holiday line up from Verizon for those of us looking to upgrade.

Last edited:

electric6

Reaction score

D2 Global (re-release of an already available device), Galaxy Tab (not a phone), Continuum (meh... if you wanna consider this a high end competitor go ahead... not for me :)) and Droid Pro (it's marketed in competition with BB devices... not in the same category as the all touch screen devices IMO)

so... as I stated... weak holiday line up from Verizon for those of us looking to upgrade.

it COULD have been much stronger if a certain phone(!) would have been up for pre-order today, but it got cancelled so who knows?? If i could just take a evo4G and replace the radios with a verizon compatible set i would be happy with that. Not asking too much since the evo has been out since march, but it looks like HTC is gonna be greedy with it lol:icon_evil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

it COULD have been much stronger if a certain phone(!) would have been up for pre-order today, but it got cancelled so who knows?? If i could just take a evo4G and replace the radios with a verizon compatible set i would be happy with that. Not asking too much since the evo has been out since march, but it looks like HTC is gonna be greedy with it lol:icon_evil:
maybe we'll get lucky and something will drop before the end of the year.... although I highly doubt it.

at least they (vzw) made my decision for me, I'm holding out for a dual core device now!.... since I have no choice really! lol