Wifi acting finicky

bassman1547

Reaction score
I must now call upon the minds of the experts once again. My wifi will not connect half the time. Seems like I had this problem before with ANOTHER. ROM. Some time ago and it was resolve.but damned if o can remember it! Anyone else have a problem? It started when I foolishly flashed another kernel. Didn't like it so restored Backup. Try everything I know to make it right again, but no, I managed to screw up a perfectly good,working ROM. :p. Ok, so with that meagar information, let the minds of greatness ponder the solution. In the meantime, I will continue on my, so far, futile task of attempting to make things right again. I wait, I work......breath abated..for word from the ROM gods whom I admire. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

DucksDroid

Reaction score
I'm not a rom expert, but this sounds like a problem that I've had with some kernels rather than a problem with this rom. I'm having good WiFi connections with ChevyNo1's recent kernels (there were some earlier ones that had "finicky" WiFi).

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums

OP
bassman1547

bassman1547

Reaction score
Dang! WiFi seems to be working now! STOCK KERNEL. Whatever it was, through unrequited efforts, I must have done something right!
Maybe it was wiping cache and reinstalling the ROM(?). Had to redo Gapps because market disappeared.
This whole WiFi thing was my fault, not the ROM, glad to say. So If you want a great runner ROM, even in Beta, its stable. And it looks the Bomb with the different colors, just as it is. The stock kernel @600 flies! I have no idea why I was trying another kernel, i just couldnt help myself!!:icon_eek:

Last edited:

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, glad its working now, yeah most of the time wifi issues are because of the kernel, but if wifi works on the stock kernel and then it doesn't then it is the kernel not the ROM. But you seem to already know that which makes me happy! lol