wifi issue. used to connect now not.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Connection to wifi now isn't connecting. It detects networks (networks are available) says obtaining IP address then signal drops in and out and it never connects. When not trying to connect (obtain IP address) signal is strong and stable.

The signal is plenty strong that I'm trying to connect to, and it's a previously used open wifi at a coffee shop that worked perfectly. An individual there with an S3 was able to connect without issue. I've tried additional open wifi locations with same negative results.

Ideas, suggestions. Thx in advance.

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
Connection to wifi now isn't connecting. It detects networks (networks are available) says obtaining IP address then signal drops in and out and it never connects. When not trying to connect (obtain IP address) signal is strong and stable.

The signal is plenty strong that I'm trying to connect to, and it's a previously used open wifi at a coffee shop that worked perfectly. An individual there with an S3 was able to connect without issue. I've tried additional open wifi locations with same negative results.

Ideas, suggestions. Thx in advance.

See if a reboot will fix it..try a soft..and if that doesnt help then a hard by holding power button and both volume up/down all at the same time for at least ten secs..

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
See if a reboot will fix it..try a soft..and if that doesnt help then a hard by holding power button and both volume up/down all at the same time for at least ten secs..

Hard reboot worked like a dream. You're the best thx!

GotnFX

Reaction score
Hard reboot worked like a dream. You're the best thx!

Awesome! Glad it worked out :)..hopefully it never happens again..but there will be folks in here who can help lead the way in a number of problems if you have any in the future. Take care!