Will this Chinese MicroSD work?

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ordered one. the way i figure our phones are made in china so it's possible that the card is good. back in the day a boss of mine went to taiwan on business and brought me back a ps1 3 months before it came out here. he also said they had smaller phones over there at the time. it seems like they have a lot of electronic gadgets before we do. if it's good than i got a great deal, if not i can try and get my money back through paypal. i have no problem with giving him crummy feedback.

well...i received the card last week and my computer is reading it as 32 gigs. i copied the files from my 16g to the 32g and the droid would not read it, so i formatted it while it was in the droid and now it "see's" it fine. my problem is i can't copy over files like the nandroid folder onto the 32g card, it says it is not able to copy the folder. has anyone had any experience using a new sd card while rooted?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android cannot properly format 32g cards yet.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep this On-topic.

pyro6128

Reaction score
[

well...i received the card last week and my computer is reading it as 32 gigs. i copied the files from my 16g to the 32g and the droid would not read it, so i formatted it while it was in the droid and now it "see's" it fine. my problem is i can't copy over files like the nandroid folder onto the 32g card, it says it is not able to copy the folder. has anyone had any experience using a new sd card while rooted?

Well thats def a step in the right direction that your comp read it as 32gb. Would it be possible for you to load some files onto it and test whether or not it really has 32gb of space on it. I've read that its possible to get the card to display a higher capacity than it actually has. Hopefully this isn't the case. Android can't properly read a 32gb card yet, but if the card you got actually has 32gb of storage on it, then you'll be all set when the update comes out.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well...i received the card last week and my computer is reading it as 32 gigs. i copied the files from my 16g to the 32g and the droid would not read it, s

sorry you got had... try to get your money back.
test it if you are still skeptical...
h2testw-14-gold-standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/

thanks for the link. i'm testing it now...according to the program it will be about 2 hours before it is done. i'll update later on.

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
make sure to let us know, i purchased one a few days ago and would like to know the results too, heck even if i can get 16GB out of it ill be happy lol

well...i received the card last week and my computer is reading it as 32 gigs. i copied the files from my 16g to the 32g and the droid would not read it, s

thanks for the link. i'm testing it now...according to the program it will be about 2 hours before it is done. i'll update later on.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

it's a fake.
here is what i got:

The media is likely to be defective.
1.9 GByte OK (4057671 sectors)
29.2 GByte DATA LOST (61445561 sectors)
Details:29.2 GByte overwritten (61445561 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
0 KByte corrupted (0 sectors)
16 MByte aliased memory (32768 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000007ad48e00
Expected: 0x000000007ad48e00
Found: 0x00000007ced48e00
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 3.61 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.16 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

it's a 2gb card...friggin funny.
off to ebay resolution i go.
wish me luck