Wireless charging

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Hey everyone just wanting to inform you (if you don't know already) that for this month, Verizon is running a special on the wireless charging systems...if you buy the charging mat, you get the battery cover free! (Which costs $40 alone). Thought this was a very good deal and wanted to share. Very happy with the wireless charger so far as well!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

bik2101

Reaction score
yeah but it doesn't seem to be working online. did you buy the wireless charging set?does the door add much thickness?

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
I don't know about online, but I bought it in person. The door doesn't add any thickness, which is really nice.

bik2101

Reaction score
I don't know about online, but I bought it in person. The door doesn't add any thickness, which is really nice.

ohh.. that's good news. but the charging mat, at least on the vzw site, mentions that it is an online exclusive product? so you bought both the door and mat in store?

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Yes, I sure did.

bik2101

Reaction score
sounds good. i'll have to check out my local vzw store this week. thanks for that info.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
You're welcome! Good luck. It was too good of a deal not to share.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What did the charging mat and battery door cost? I know that they are seperate items and if I remember correctly they are almost 100 when purchased separately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ABQNM

Reaction score
The mat is $69.99 and the door is $39.99 normally. So it is just $69.99 for both.

nikecar

Reaction score
So how well is it working for those that have it?

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
I love mine. Saves the hassle of plugging in a cord. Plus my cord was starting to rip. Its so much easier sitting your device on a mat to charge without doing any plugging. Lol.

nikecar

Reaction score
I love mine. Saves the hassle of plugging in a cord. Plus my cord was starting to rip. Its so much easier sitting your device on a mat to charge without doing any plugging. Lol.

Do you notice and difference in battery life. In other words does the mat fully charge as well as the cord?

Jgcook5

Reaction score
Do you have a case on your phone, and does it fit with the wireless charging cover? And if so, does the case interfere with the wireless charging?
I suspect it might slow down the charging a bit simply because the phone isn't completely flush with the pad.

I have a Dinc2 with a flexible cover, and if it'll fit then I'm definitely buying this thing. My local VZW store didn't have one in stock to try out, looks like you got lucky.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Yeah the case should be no problem, it wasn't on mine. I have one of those harder silicone ones too. As far as the charging I haven't really noticed because I only charge it at night while sleeping usually. It is able to still charge with the case on it too! I noticed it was a little warm though when I left the case on overnight while charging.

ABQNM

Reaction score
1 or 2 extra mm will not interfere with the inductive coil. As long as it is not a metal case.