Wireless Tether rooted LG Revolution

BigShowJoe

Reaction score
Hi. I just started using the Revolution and I have gotten it rooted but I cannot get the 4g Mobile Hotspot or the Wireless Tether application to work correctly. I know with the Droid Bionic there is a value to change in the Settings Storage using SQLite but the Revolution has a different structure. As for Wireless Tether, it works but when connecting a device, it states that it is in Ad Hoc mode and not wi-fi. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

brbal

Reaction score
Use barnacle WiFi tether, in the settings you have to check the box that says skip WPA. Works like a champ once you check WPA box in settings

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
BigShowJoe

BigShowJoe

Reaction score
Use barnacle WiFi tether, in the settings you have to check the box that says skip WPA. Works like a champ once you check WPA box in settings

Tried this but it still shows up to other devices as a "Peer to peer (Ad-hoc) network". No internet with that. When I first start Barnacle, it shows a message that reads "beaconing ad-hoc network". The program does ask for root permission which I did allow. Am I missing something?

brbal

Reaction score
Yea mine says the same thing when I start the scan, but it also asks me to allow super user. (Don't know why it wouldn't ask for your root access?) When I check for WiFi on my laptop, it does give me the peer network icon, but my laptop is able to obtain WiFi from it. The only thing I had to do was check the skip WPA box and it worked on my Windows 7 laptop from my LG revo. Wish I could help u out more

alexwilliams0525

Reaction score
I have a friend that needs the download link for wireless tether that works for his rooted revolution can anyone post it on the forum for him?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mikegt11

Reaction score
I've been using Open Garden it's free and in the market. I like that the best because it's simple to use and my laptop and desktop noticed it without a problem .