Yet another calendar sync issue

wncjim

Reaction score
Everyone seems to have them, but I can't find any discussions about this particular problem.

Setup:

Outlook 2007 on Win7

Google Calendar Sync installed

Motorola Droid with 2.2

Outlook syncs fine both ways with gcal.

Calendar items I enter on the Droid sync to the cloud and thence to Outlook automatically, no problem.

But, it doesn't work the other way. Items I enter on Outlook or directly in gcal don't automatically sync to the Droid.

In accounts & sync, "Auto-sync" is checked, and "Sync Calendar" is checked for this account. I can sync manually, and the calendar items appear on the phone, but it never happens automatically.

Mail and contacts sync automatically with no problems.

So, in a nutshell again, my only problem is *automatically* syncing *calendar* items *from* the cloud *to* the droid. Everything else works.

I had automatic task killer installed and thought that might be the problem, so I uninstalled it and rebooted, but that hasn't solved the issue.

Doh!

It may be implicit, and I'm not sure it matters, but I forgot to say that my carrier is Verizon.

double doh!

and that my OS is Win7 64 bit.

I may get out of newbie status just by correcting myself!:)

and that my OS is Win7 64 bit.

I may get out of newbie status just by correcting myself!:)

Did you ever find a solution to this? My wife is having the same problem - sort of. Her phone syncs to her google calendar, but I have to manually sync her calendar to her phone and sometimes she gets double entries because the "cloud" version doesn't overwrite? the current entry on the phone.

I haven't gotten any responses, but I did discover that my google calendar does eventually sync to my phone, so the issue isn't actually a complete failure of the automatic sync, but the frequency of syncing. Since, in theory, as I understand it, google calendar is supposed to push automatically to the phone, as it does with gmail, there seems to be a problem, but I can't find any guidance on fixing it.

I also get multiple copies of appointments, but I can live with that, so trying to fix it has been a low priority.

I have the opposite synch problem

I can enter appointments on the desktop or ipod and they show up on the phone with the server identified as exchange. When I enter an appointment on the phone it identifies the server as pcsynch and the appointment never shows up anywhere but the phone.
Makes it hard to keep organized - any suggestions? Has anyone found a way around this problem?

Back