z4 root

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It isn't on the xda threads list of rootables but like fbm said, you can always try.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doubt it will work. 1.6 (Doughnut) was the only software for the Devour. Let us know if it does work though.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
BigZig

BigZig

Reaction score
Alright yeah its not for me I have OG droid but my buddy has devour and wants his phone faster so I will tell him just to try it thanks for the input tho

dgerej

Reaction score
I am interested in using my droid x for tethering for my laptop. I have noticed the z4root seems to be a popular path to take. Are there any ways to tether for free without rooting my phone? I would like to be as safe as possible. Do extra security apps exist if I choose to root? BTW, I currently have lookout installed on my phone. thx

scarmack

Reaction score
i user super one click to root. plug your unrooted droid into the computer. open up super one click, click root. wait 30seconds, done, rooted, and enjoy haha

a lot of ppl stand behind z4. all i hear is problems about it, but yet i have never tried it so i cant speak from personal experience. all i know is the method i use works, and if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

j1d10t

Reaction score
I have used Z4root twice now to root - once when I first rooted, then after the most recent update I used it again to root, and it worked great. Z4root and Wireless Tether for root users works great for me. If you do use Wireless Tether for root users thought, download the newest (google search for it) version directly - I don't think the one on the market is always the most current.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
z4Root is pretty much risk free. Rooting benefits are well worth it.

xilld

Reaction score
z4 root is not in the market anymore.. anybody know where i can do a OTA dl for this?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
z4 root is not in the market anymore.. anybody know where i can do a OTA dl for this?
I just downloaded it within the past hour. You will have to register or sign into the XDA website to download this. I rooted using Terminal Emulator. I got this just in case I have to go back to stock. This looks very easy.

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Extremely easy!!! Rooted 9 phones with it with 0 issues so far! :lifting:

I just downloaded it within the past hour. You will have to register or sign into the XDA website to download this. I rooted using Terminal Emulator. I got this just in case I have to go back to stock. This looks very easy.

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

DroidForums junkie!!