Z4root

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get z4root? Every file i found. The download no longer exists. Does anyone have the file they can email me. I tried to use the gui one click,which worked before i did the update. Now it will no longer work. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kwod8832

Reaction score
Ok,I'm sure this has been posted before (this first sentence is like penthouse forums "I never thought this would happen to me....."). Once you install z4root how do you know if you have done it successfully, is there bright shiny lights saying good job you are rooted?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The phone will reboot and you'll see an app called superuser in your app drawer. You can check a number of ways: typing "su" in terminal emulator or installing an app that requires root access...opening it, you should see a pop-up from superuser asking for root rights. ALWAYS check the remember box and allow.

DroidForums junkie!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is a bit off your subject it needs to be said anyway because it can save you some grief later.

After you're rooted if you intend to start messing with your phone it is very important to make a stock backup first.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1000

This is a bit off your subject it needs to be said anyway because it can save you some grief later.

After you're rooted if you intend to start messing with your phone it is very important to make a stock backup first.

DroidForums junkie!!

mpower

Reaction score
Check on ***********, that's where I got it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
thanks guys, this may sound dumb, but how do i root using z4root, i dont see any files within the zip that will allow me to root everything else i tried failed, gui and doroot, i am starting to get upset

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not "dumb" at all! All you need is a file manager like Astro or Androzip. Once you've dl'd the apk, open the file manager and it'll be in /sd/download. Just tap it and select install. Once that's done, open z4root and select permanent root and let it do its thing. :)

thanks guys, this may sound dumb, but how do i root using z4root, i dont see any files within the zip that will allow me to root everything else i tried failed, gui and doroot, i am starting to get upset

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
S

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
so where do i get astro or androzip?, is this a file on pc or in the market? or should i ask do i download one of these on my pc then transfer to phone? i am so confused, the one click was so much easier, but it keeps stopping on waiting for device and the debbuging and usb keep going on and off on my phone

forget the question i found astro, but anyone tell me why my phone does that?

arrggg now i keep getting a parse error "there is a problem parsing the package" whenever i try to install the superuser.apk

dasanman69

Reaction score
It would be easiest if you viewed this site on your phone and click the link. It'll download onto your phone and you cannot look for it under download using astro and it will install like any other app does.

OP
S

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
big thanks to droid does, this guy is killer, im not that smart when it comes to phones, but i am not dumb either. he was very helpful and non judgmental thanks again