.09 vs .10 Baseband

Im calling myself a B. I have a grey 3g triangle. The gfs or my Bionic I traded had strong 4g on this same couch. I realize im not posting actual signal strength. Just going by bars, feel, and buffering during video playback.

I just got off the phone with Verizon. If I have them send me a phone it will be a certified like new. If I go to the store it will be a new. I am on my second one now and would guess they are still pulling from the same batch they were last week. I think I will try going to the busiest store in town and exchanging there and hope that they have some new ones. Anyone in the Birmingham, AL area that has the new version? I will go to your store...:D Thanks for the replies, I hope we can get this figured out. I would hate to give up this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

check the phone before they activate it for you

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

I just got off the phone with Verizon. If I have them send me a phone it will be a certified like new. If I go to the store it will be a new. I am on my second one now and would guess they are still pulling from the same batch they were last week. I think I will try going to the busiest store in town and exchanging there and hope that they have some new ones. Anyone in the Birmingham, AL area that has the new version? I will go to your store...:D Thanks for the replies, I hope we can get this figured out. I would hate to give up this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Could try another store to see if you could get a different batch.

Mines a .09, no issues with 3g or 4G, wifi seems normal as well but I don't use it much.

I'm on .09 no issues..and I'm running a rooted stock 4.0.4 rom..btw how do you get .10? I don't pay attention to these things..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

How were things before you installed 4.0.4? Im thinking of rooting just for the radio update.

Just sucks my battery down. I have an old car. Big v-8. If I gun it, I can watch the needle move. Reminds me of that.

I have .10 baseband. Has anyone done the update from the 4.0.2 (with .10 baseband) to 4.0.4 and get bumped down to .09?

I read in another forum that the 4.0.4 provided "new radios", not sure if that's synonymous with baseband. Obviously, I'd like to keep a higher/newer baseband. Thank you

I'm actually surprised that the .10 baseband isn't included in the 4.0.4 update. I wonder if there will eventually be a way for everyone to go to .10?

I believe. 09 and 10 are hardware versions not upgradeable via radio patch

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

I did a little Googling, and it looks like baseband version are software related after all. Refer to these threads...

I know, an iPhone thread, but relevant nonetheless:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1586909

And good ol' android central:
Can somebody please explain baseband? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

which makes me wonder...are the basebands integrated into the ROM? If so, then why aren't all the custom ROMs out there .10 baseband? Every one I've flashed has been .09 (AOKP m2/m3, theory 2.0-2.2).

I did a little Googling, and it looks like baseband version are software related after all. Refer to these threads...

I know, an iPhone thread, but relevant nonetheless:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1586909

And good ol' android central:
Can somebody please explain baseband? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

which makes me wonder...are the basebands integrated into the ROM? If so, then why aren't all the custom ROMs out there .10 baseband? Every one I've flashed has been .09 (AOKP m2/m3, theory 2.0-2.2).

When I was on the phone with the Verizon tech he was telling me that the baseband was for software and not hardware. He had 2 phones there and both had the .09 baseband. I have had some real winners when dealing with tech support but this guy seemed honest and more knowledgeable than most I have talked to. He did say he had been doing some reading online in his own time and mentioned some updates (4.03 and 4.04). He also said that they normally find out two or three days ahead of time when a OTA is coming out and he was not aware of any at this time.

Seems like there are quite a few people with the .09 not having issues. Maybe I just hold out and wait for the OTA update.

The baseband can for sure change. It changed on my DX with OTA's. (forgot about that!)

Back