1.1.1 seems buggy. I think I'm out.

THAT's the easy fix?
The only way it could be easier is if I did it for you myself, if you don't know how to do this you shouldn't be flashing custom roms. This is pretty simple method and the only 1 i know of so far

Harsh. Been a while since I did any computer programming.

If you could bare with me, I'd appreciate it.

I only install this stuff through ROM Manager so the programming side for me is still lacking.

I'm not able to find that in ROM Manager. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction without the hostility?

Thanks.

Terminal emulator is a free program you can get on the market, the good one is Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich. Download that, then open it and type in the commands posted by Eschy hitting enter after each line. Also you must have google search installed from the market for this to work, Eschy's method just moves the app to your system folder where it works properly.

You could also move it with an app called root explorer. It is a paid app but it works just like a normal file browser and you can just move the app and rename it, no terminal commands neccessary.

Last edited:
tried the terminal emulator way. Didn't work.

Could someone walk me throught the root manager way?

Thanks.

tried the terminal emulator way. Didn't work.

Could someone walk me throught the root manager way?

Thanks.

Again I apologize for what i said. I though you were saying it like "thats the best you could come up with" when you said "thats the easy fix". ok for root explorer which is the one i used i had an error in the OP you want to go into your system file. this will show up as just "/" in the top of the screen. Now look for the folder data. open it and you will see an "app"folder open that and scroll down to
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk if it isnt there you need to download it in the market first. It will not install but it will give you the apk. Now once you find it long press and select move. once you do that you will see two buttons at the bottom one is paste and the other is cancel. Hit the back button twice and it will bring you back to the main folder "/". Scroll down to system click it. Open app (in the top right hand corner there is a button that says mount r/w select it first) then use the paste button at the bottom of the screen. It will move it to that folder. After that find the file you just moved and long press again but this time select rename and name it GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk make sure that you have the capitals for the first letter of each word. now reboot the phone.

i recommend refunding root manager and downloading root explorer if you can. Thats my fault for posting it wrong. i was using root explorer

Back