10,000 Apps

Oh yeah it is. I have a feeling that as soon as the droid hits customers you will see an explosion on the app front. going from like 10 to like 20-30k within a few weeks.

Is is possible to build an app so that you can communicate via blackberry messenger? You know like get a droid pin or something?

I heard on crackberry that RIM is working on a standalone BBM app, hopefully it can be ported to android OS.

I heard on crackberry that RIM is working on a standalone BBM app, hopefully it can be ported to android OS.

I read something similar, but I thought it was Kevin (or someone else) "dreaming" about how cool it would be to have access to BBM on the desktop computer.

At the end of the day, it's just another program for chat. However it's limited to who it can be distributed to.

I am also going to miss it. I managed to get my brother on it and a few other people, and like being able to "force myself" on them since it's open all the time. :) I'll have to see if I can get them to go for AIM or something, but admittedly it just won't be the same.

I read something similar, but I thought it was Kevin (or someone else) "dreaming" about how cool it would be to have access to BBM on the desktop computer.

At the end of the day, it's just another program for chat. However it's limited to who it can be distributed to.

I am also going to miss it. I managed to get my brother on it and a few other people, and like being able to "force myself" on them since it's open all the time. :) I'll have to see if I can get them to go for AIM or something, but admittedly it just won't be the same.

Yeh but my work forces us to use blackberry's to connect to our corporate BES server.

I need an app like the windows mobile BB Connect - does anyone know if android has this?

There are a LOT of dupes and tip calculators amongst them 10,000 ;)

Besides the apps I put in the "Top Ten", there are not that many commercial grade apps due to the lack of app space on Android. A lot of media posts about this lately.

Back