2.2 Text Messaging App issue

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
After the update I will get a new text message and when I open the app it doesn't move it to the top of the list...

Any ideas?

i am getting the same exact thing along with the time stamp on received messages being back by 4 hours also.

im only getting this issue with handcent/chomp but with the original text messaging app everything is fine.

actually its doing the same thing with the text messaging app too, my bad.

actually its doing the same thing with the text messaging app too, my bad.

mine did the same... i used both handcent and the stock... after a couple of reboots, it seemed to fix it.. also make sure you go to your market and see if there are any updates for handcent or any 3rd party apps....

Mine only does it in Handcent. Stock SMS app works fine, but I don't want to use it. :)

I have done several reboots and checked for updates and that hasn't fixed it. I just emailed the developer to see if he knows about this and is possibly working on a fix.

mine does it with handcent, chomp and the stock sms app. the stock sms app has the correct times though.

mine does it with handcent, chomp and the stock sms app. the stock sms app has the correct times though.

Wait, you just said it does it with the stock app, but then in the next sentence you said the stock app has the correct times? Is it consistent or is it happening every once in a while?

I hope a handcent updates comes out soon and addresses this. It just looks really weird, and is confusing when getting messages before you wake up lol.

the stock app doesnt show the newest message at the top but the time stamps on it are correct.

Whatdayouknow. I have the very same problem. Please post what the Dev said, i remeber getting quite the speedy response from him/her but probably a him, a few weeks ago.

Whatdayouknow. I have the very same problem. Please post what the Dev said, i remeber getting quite the speedy response from him/her but probably a him, a few weeks ago.

but its not just a handcent issue. its handcent, chompsms and stock messaging app issue.

i tried reinstalling froyo and wiping data/cache and i am still getting the same thing.

The developer just responded to me twice within 5 minutes. The first time they asked if it was happening in the stock app as well, and I said no, because it isn't happening for me in the stock app. The second email they said they are going to email me a beta version within the next few days. This is one awesome developer!

it is happening with the stock app though. the time stamps are correct on the stock app but the new texts arent showing up at the top of the list.

I know that, but that wasn't the issue I had. I do not use the stock app so I do not care about that. It's not like the Handcent dev can do anything about it. I want the timestamps fixed in his app. That's all he can help me with lol.

Back