3rd party messaging issues/ thoughts

cdm369

Reaction score
I've tried handcent and go sms pro.my phone seems to struggle more retaining a 3g signal when I have a third party app. Mainly go sms pro. Is it possible the app is affecting data connections? Any known issues. I am totally stock by the way.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Possibly...more than likely not though.

I believe the 3rd party messaging apps do send messages over data... I could be wrong though.

tc1 said:

I believe the 3rd party messaging apps do send messages over data... I could be wrong though.

I wasn't sure...it seems like I remember my last phone reverting to 1x while a message was sending and the going back to 3g. Interesting...

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Ones that tie into the phone, like Go and Handcent, use the phone call network (1x ,cdma) but independent ones like. Text+ use EVDO,LTE or Wi-Fi instead.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I've used Handcent since my OG and it's been old Faithful.

I use Google Voice and haven't had any issues when using 3G and only have issues with 4G when I have weak signal. I'm surprised at the number of Android users that don't use GV to be honest.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I use GV but just for my voicemail and I still use my normal phone number not my GV number. Free visual voicemail, you can't beat that.

I use Google Voice and haven't had any issues when using 3G and only have issues with 4G when I have weak signal. I'm surprised at the number of Android users that don't use GV to be honest.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't use for a while because I often turn off my data and you want get voice mail or a notification of voice mail.

But then I found the setting on the pc side where you can set it to send you a text when you have a vm.

Can someone explain this to me, it sounds like you guys are saying that some text apps allow you to send and receive texts without using texting? I disabled texting on my account becuase im not paying vzw for it, and since I use google talk I won't pay per text and adding it to my plan is not going to happen.

If I could send texts to other people that don't have smart phones that may be handy, especially those Craigslist adds for cars that don't use email and want texts....

I use Heywire as a free text app. It assigns another phone for texting, so you have to give that number out as you text number.

I use Google voice for testing to non vzw numbers since I'm grandfathered in on the $10 unlimited in network and 500 out of network texting plan. You just can't get mms messages on gvoice like pictures. And you can't email to [email protected] you can only text mobile to mobile.

But, it saves me money.

Back