4.5.621 update ....

Thanks.... I was looking for the emergency alert can't find it. What is it for. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Note to all:
Something to keep in mind about this update... If your take it... Do not try to sbf to an earlier version... It will brick your device...

So take it with caution... Especially if you like root and you like flashing roms

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

Note to all:
Something to keep in mind about this update... If your take it... Do not try to sbf to an earlier version... It will brick your device...

So take it with caution... Especially if you like root and you like flashing roms

i reverted to a backup of 602 since i am running cm7 ... it first asked me to update to 605 then 621 ... i was not able to root 621, so i went back to cm7 using restore in clockwork recovery ....

sent via android

i reverted to a backup of 602 since i am running cm7 ... it first asked me to update to 605 then 621 ... i was not able to root 621, so i went back to cm7 using restore in clockwork recovery ....

sent via android

If you didn't have root permission... How did you get into clockwork recovery?

Any one notice what fixes it did. I HAVE NOT. Found any thing.

Did your phone turn ON by itself after you turned it off? This update claims to have fixed that problem.
I mentioned this particular fix to a couple of iPhone users, and they all started laughing like crazy.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

It did not fix one thing I get emails with video and if I start to play it and then pause it it freezes up and I have to go back in my email and start it all over.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sent via android

Could you give us a walk through on how you were able to do this?

Note to all:

Do we think this bricking is caused by the current SBF process (which is not implemented/endorsed by the Carrier/Manufacturer), or is it a result of the Carrier putting some "special" code into this .621 update that *intentionally* bricks the device if one tries to SBF ?

Do we think this bricking is caused by the current SBF process (which is not implemented/endorsed by the Carrier/Manufacturer), or is it a result of the Carrier putting some "special" code into this .621 update that *intentionally* bricks the device if one tries to SBF ?

From what I've read most believe it was intentionally done to deal with people who are tethering. But at the moment that can only be speculation. I also saw someone point out that this could have a bigger implication for all moto devices in the future.

Thanks for reminding me... need to check if my PdaNet 2.45 tether still works with .621

I see a little higher than usual battery drain yesterday since I did the .621 OTA update, but I'm going to give it a couple more days to settle in.

Last edited:

My personal opinion... Is it was done intentionally... Mainly prevent tethering and what not

I have an old Droid x and I noticed a huge difference after the update. I was about to complain in order to get a new phone because of its sluggish performance. After update it is very smooth, very responsive.

I have a theory about the bootloader, please feel free anyone to shoot it down or help see if it will work.

TBH released patches for bootloader, kernel, and baseband. here

So my theory is that the bootloader patch they released was 30.04, if we get root on .621 and can get into Clockwork recovery, could we install this bootloader patch which is still 30.04, and then be able to SBF back to .602?

What do you guys think?

Back