.596 and Liberty

Looks like Liberty .596 will be tomorrow or the next couple days....least what I gathered from Twitter.

Agreed he just recently posted that if its not done by tomorrow, it will be ready by early next week (probably Monday). My advice to everyone would be to stick to 0.5 GB because its only a matter of hours before we get official GB with Lib on top. I am sure he has the rom ready but he just adding some tweaks and bug fixes and what not.

Last edited:
Just to put out an update about the official gb release over lgb, my google maps force closes all the time. I haven't even opened it yet, rather annoying. feels even smoother than lgb 0.5 other than that though

At least we are all being honest here. I am going to flash over the Liberty team because I am sure they will have something new for us soon.

Yup. Word is its an easy update to boot so maybe by tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I hope this version is faster because gingerbread is way slower than froyo, takes like twice as long to boot, and there is kind of a constant lag. Overclocking doesn't help much. I did a fresh install too of .5gb (several times, so I know its just not a bad install)

Just to put out an update about the official gb release over lgb, my google maps force closes all the time. I haven't even opened it yet, rather annoying. feels even smoother than lgb 0.5 other than that though

You need to update google maps, check market, should prompt you for an update.

I flashed Official GB about an 1.5 hours ago. I had the same Google Maps issue but an update in the market fixed that rather quickly. So far so good. Absolutely loving GB!

I flashed over LGB to .596 with a clean wipe and it seems just as snappy even with the blur. Screen response seemed better anyway

I'm ready to liberated again so I can hardly wait for the Liberty Team to release the update of the ROM.

You need to update google maps, check market, should prompt you for an update.

That's fine and dandy in all, but I'm not seeing an update yet..

I went to .596, and can't wait for liberty to be updated. I already froze/uninstalled a ton of bloat and it's still laggy. Then again, I have a ton of apps... but liberty seemed to run smoother even with all my apps installed. So if you haven't switched yet, my advice is to wait. But that's just me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

just updated to .596 and everything works great. Ive been on liberty since 1.5 but went to the deodexed gb since .05 was giving me a lot of issues. Looking forward to seeing what they do with .596.

Its rolling out. By Monday you should be able to update manually, if you haven't gotten it by then

I'm on liberty .05 was running 591. Flashed the zip w/o problem except error message that there was an issue with "maps". I fixed it by settings>manage apps>all>>maps>clear data/ then clear cache. I rebooted (probably not needed) and I haven't had a problem since. Other than that absolutely no issues

Back