A smart and sexy beast!

RPW

Reaction score
I'm happy to say that I'm now a proud owner of this amazing handheld device. :hail: The fit, feel and finish are perfect for me, and the display is just beautiful. Activation and setup went well too. Some mixed emotions when my 4+ year old flip phone, which served me well, lost it's signal, but it'll go to someone eventually who can benefit from it.

So. First question (and going forward I'll use the Rezound Help forum), was something supposed to happen when I plugged in the Beats earphones? I'm not seeing any app that refers to Beats Audio.

Congrats on your fantastic new smartphone, you will love it, in regards to the Beats Audio, it only works with the built in music player and music files that are loaded to you phone, it does not work with music apps. I personally don't like Beats anyways, I use the Equalizer app form the market for all my music apps like Muziic, Sky.FM, DI.Radio, Slacker, Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Radio.com, the equalizer setting work for all music apps. And for my downloaded music I use Power Amp PRO "leagues better than Beats" , there is also WinAmp which also works with you downloaded music, plus it has it's own music station build in, I use this one also "upgrade to the PRO so you have use of the Equalizer.

Looks like a LOT of people here jumped on the $79 dollar deal! :icon_eek: Too bad Verizon tacks on a $30 upgrade fee which takes some of the deal's wow factor away.

Thanks for the help and suggestions cybertec69. I installed Pandora straight away, and registered with Slacker, so it's now a matter of choosing which one to upgrade so I don't have to deal with the ads and all that crap. I have an XM radio account on my home theater receiver so the internet version is a possibility too.

I had one problem last night with WiFi when trying to setup some bookmarks, but a router reboot and toggling of the phone's WiFi power fixed it.

Just fyi but Poweramp and I believe Winamp both now have Beats Audio options along with their equalizer. Personally I don't think Beats is all revolutionary like they're touting it to be, but it does give a very slight but appreciable bass boost, which can be used along with other equalizers for even more finesse.

Just fyi but Poweramp and I believe Winamp both now have Beats Audio options along with their equalizer. Personally I don't think Beats is all revolutionary like they're touting it to be, but it does give a very slight but appreciable bass boost, which can be used along with other equalizers for even more finesse.
I agree, but you can't beat the "free" in-earphones. I probably will go with one of those players soon. And a good equalizer recommendation would be appreciated.

Edit: Winamp and Poweramp come with built-in EQ's right?

Last edited:
I use Poweramp and its equalizer, but I'm pretty sure Winamp has one too. And unfortunately I got my Rezound as a tradeout for another phone so I didn't get the ear buds, which I would've really liked. Oh well...

Glad you like it so much! :) I tweeted a while back that it's a powerful piece of art.

I've found that Beats comes on depending on the headphones/speakers you use. At home, I have a set of POS speakers on my nightstand and Beats doesn't activate. But my more expensive Sony speakers at work? Beats pops right up. I think it's time to ditch the $5 speakers.

I'm infatuated with it. :biggrin: I installed Poweramp last night and feeling my way around with it now. Either there's not much info out there about how to use it or I just don't know where to look, but it seems easy enough to get folders and such setup by trial & error. Luckily, not too many errors right now, but this is me so eventually I'll figure out a way to screw something up. :blink: I just hope it recognizes FLAC files because I'm copying about 5 GB to the external SD card from my laptop.

Back