[Comparison] Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vs. HTC Rezound

So the Rezound doesn't have support for roms, is that what everyone is saying? I think the whole display buttons is crap, I think if the Rezound gets ICS it will be an even much better phone and who cares about the crap chip the nexus had

I have a Nexus, but I'm still torn between it and the Rezound. The Nexus is a beautiful phone with a big beautiful screen that's a pleasure to use and a slim sexy form factor (somewhat obscured by my case, but still...). The Rezound is a somewhat ugly thick beast with jarring red buttons and a screen which, while slightly smaller, is pretty much perfect. The fact that the Rezound has a significantly better camera is pretty big for me as well, though the Nexus isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, provided you focus properly before taking pictures (or try an app like Camera ZOOM FX, which does wonders for this phone). In the end I went with the Nexus mostly because it will receive every update to the OS available until it can no longer run them, and it will have probably the most community support of any phone since the OG Droid. I still have until the 15th to decide if I'm certain that I want to stick with the Nexus, but all the accessories I've purchased so far kinda make it unlikely I'll change my mind. I love this phone, and even if it isn't the best hardware on the market right now, it's the best complete package.

Played with a friends Rezound. While never a fan of Sense the phone seemed fast. However, my Nexus was averaging 19mb download speed to his 14mb download. His phone has about 10apps installed. Still a great phone and probably better than the Razr.

So the Rezound doesn't have support for roms, is that what everyone is saying? I think the whole display buttons is crap, I think if the Rezound gets ICS it will be an even much better phone and who cares about the crap chip the nexus had

time will tell :)

It was a good review. I don't get why the rezound gets points for beats audio though in the software section when it's well documented that all beats is is an eq setting. Any music app with eq gets you the same results. Its kind of like saying the rezound gets points for being able to play angry birds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good comparison, but you're forgetting one thing very important to much of this community. The rezound is still locked down tight, and will likely remain that way for a while!

So you should add a category (root user experience). Nexus would be 10/10, and rezound would be 0/10 as it's only got temp root ...

Great review thanks for taking the time posting im sure this will help alot of people... it was a good read also!

Good comparison, but you're forgetting one thing very important to much of this community. The rezound is still locked down tight, and will likely remain that way for a while!

So you should add a category (root user experience). Nexus would be 10/10, and rezound would be 0/10 as it's only got temp root ...

+1 A lot of people don't seem to get the point of the nexus line of phones

That first picture is blinding!

Both the charge and nexus do voice/data simultaneously....granted....i have not tried it in a 3g only area.

All LTE phones can do voice & data while on LTE. Only the Thunderbolt (and maybe rezound?) can do voice & data while on 3G. No other phone on vzw can do that.

Last edited:

That crap chip that the Nexus has allows Google Wallet to work which when used in a line of people is Priceless!

Why is both sides crying and talking crap, both these phones are out and pretty cool. Both sides quit crying about dumb stuff. Good fair review.

That first picture is blinding!

All LTE phones can do voice & data while on LTE. Only the Thunderbolt (and maybe rezound?) can do voice & data while on 3G. No other phone on vzw can do that.

Correct - and yes on the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I have a Nexus, but I'm still torn between it and the Rezound. The Nexus is a beautiful phone with a big beautiful screen that's a pleasure to use and a slim sexy form factor (somewhat obscured by my case, but still...). The Rezound is a somewhat ugly thick beast with jarring red buttons and a screen which, while slightly smaller, is pretty much perfect. The fact that the Rezound has a significantly better camera is pretty big for me as well, though the Nexus isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, provided you focus properly before taking pictures (or try an app like Camera ZOOM FX, which does wonders for this phone). In the end I went with the Nexus mostly because it will receive every update to the OS available until it can no longer run them, and it will have probably the most community support of any phone since the OG Droid. I still have until the 15th to decide if I'm certain that I want to stick with the Nexus, but all the accessories I've purchased so far kinda make it unlikely I'll change my mind. I love this phone, and even if it isn't the best hardware on the market right now, it's the best complete package.

It's funny how people's taste is different. I think the Rezound's build quality looks and feels better than the Nexus. As for the
"jarring" red buttons, I think that they add a unique and attractive flair to the phone. I'm always thinking how awesome they look. I had my mind made up to get the Nexus until I saw it in person, but once I saw the Rezound I new I wouldn't be happy with how the Nexus looks.

Last edited:
Ummm... in your review you missed a couple things that may be important to some... 1. Galaxy Nexus has a NFC chip that makes available all kinds of functionality. So even if the Rezound or Razer eventually get ICS officially they will not support NFC since they don't have the chip. 2. The Rezound and Razer have hard buttons and ICS (and probably future Android OS's) is really designed to work best with soft buttons (on screen).

I heard on several podcasts that Verizon disabled the NFC chip ability to use google wallet anyways, so NFC not as big an aspect as it could have been

I heard on several podcasts that Verizon disabled the NFC chip ability to use google wallet anyways, so NFC not as big an aspect as it could have been

The podcasts you heard are wrong... lol Google Wallet works and the NFC chip is in no way disabled by Verizon.

Back