After update battery seems worse

blwn327

Reaction score
Android os is at 30% and screen 30% i have extended battery and took off charger at 2am is now 10:30am 20% left. Thats not playing any games, txt and social networking. This sux cuz i could get 12hrs easy with gaming on top of social networking

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't think that has to do with the update. I would try retarting and charging up again. Could be something got stuck draining the battery that should have been shut down already.

Thanx for reply, ill drain bat.fully and see what happens

mines is def not as good before neither i wonder if they changed a setting with the update

I'm starting to think that all the updates are to decrease battery life to force people to buy newer phones

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Today android os is killing battery @ 76% wtf?

I have better battery after the update. Your system may need to calibrate after an update. If you are rooted use battery calibration by nema. If not rooted charge to full and let battery drain til around 10% before putting back on charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm still having issues with apps trying to update and it says insufficient storage available.

My phone wasn't too bad before the update but mine has gotten way worse since the update... i went from having 10 hours to 6 or so....

Mine also seems to show Android OS for the bulk of my battery usage. Before it was signal now Android OS

Mine did the same thing. However I also downloaded ADW launcher and even though it was not set as my default, that is what seemed to be draining the battery. Today is the 1st day after I uninstalled program and it seems to be maintaining as it was before.

Update did not improve battery life on my device, but it appears it didn't hinder it either.

mine was horrible as well when i first did the update gave it a few days then i let my battery drain untill dead recharged it with the phone off it has improved greatly the same as before if not better

I'm still having issues with apps trying to update and it says insufficient storage available.

I've had that happen too, but then I try again and it seems to work.

I'm using Juice Defender (which I didn't expect to work) on the extended battery, but it looks like I could get between 20 and 22 hour with 4G and Live Wallpaper. That's enough for my needs,but I was getting about the same as before the update.

Back