Android/Chrome Email Encryption

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello,

I'd like to be able to send and receive the same encrypted email on both my phone and my laptop. Can you recommend a single email encryption program that works as both an Android app and a Chrome app or extension?

Thank you!

Jeff Deutsch

If you are using Gmail, Google encrypts your mail automatically. No need for a 3rd party encryption tool.
If your using some other email provider, set your browser to use https as the default.

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm talking about end-to-end encryption.

For example, do you know of a good Android app that works with GPG? Or does Mailvelope have an Android app? Etc?

The idea is I need to use the same thing as an Android app and as a Chrome app or extension (or desktop/laptop program) so I can easily encrypt and decrypt the same messages whether on my phone or my laptop.

Thank you!

Jeff Deutsch

Sorry, I don't really have much hands on experience but I've heard good things about MailDroid.
I believe K-9 is another popular email client that supports encryption.
Hopefully some others will have some suggestions for you. Good luck!

After a little more digging Gmail does have a separate level of encryption you can activate via the Chrome safemail extension. How to Send Encrypted Emails In Gmail - Hongkiat

S5 tap'n

Last edited:
Hi again,

Well, as I explained I want to use the same program as both an Android app and a Chrome extension/app or PC program.

I understand both MailDroid and K-9 are apps. Do they have PC versions too?

The link you gave points to an article about the Chrome extension SafeGmail. Does it have an Android app too?

(Incidentally, as of now SafeGmail has been removed from the Chrome appstore.)

Thanks again!

Jeff Deutsch

Hi again,

Well, as I explained I want to use the same program as both an Android app and a Chrome extension/app or PC program.

I understand both MailDroid and K-9 are apps. Do they have PC versions too?

The link you gave points to an article about the Chrome extension SafeGmail. Does it have an Android app too?

(Incidentally, as of now SafeGmail has been removed from the Chrome appstore.)

Thanks again!

Jeff Deutsch
We do not have a pc version at this time, just an Android version.

Back