another google wallet security risk found

I like the idea of google wallet, and phone never leaves me. I am still paranoid to use it, though set up the free 10$ on the prepaid card thing but will not do anything further than that

Someone stealing your information from your phone is harder than someone stealing your wallet and doing the same thing.

You still have to leave your phone somewhere, they'd have to be able to unlock the phone and then they'd have to be aware of how to strip your information from Google Wallet.

It's even easier to lose your wallet, someone picks it up and immediately uses all of your credit cards and steals your cash.

Worrying about Google Wallet is a bit ridiculous considering it's much safer than carrying around a wallet.

Someone stealing your information from your phone is harder than someone stealing your wallet and doing the same thing.

You still have to leave your phone somewhere, they'd have to be able to unlock the phone and then they'd have to be aware of how to strip your information from Google Wallet.

It's even easier to lose your wallet, someone picks it up and immediately uses all of your credit cards and steals your cash.

Worrying about Google Wallet is a bit ridiculous considering it's much safer than carrying around a wallet.

Not to mention that there are few things more worthless than a stolen cell phone. You have to have a working data connection to access wallet. First thing I'd do if my phone was stolen/lost is put a hold on the line to block use. Wallet is worthless then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not to mention that there are few things more worthless than a stolen cell phone. You have to have a working data connection to access wallet. First thing I'd do if my phone was stolen/lost is put a hold on the line to block use. Wallet is worthless then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Agreed, with my phone I'd only have to call one company. With my actual wallet I'd have to call 3-4 different credit card companies to cancel my cards + cash lost.

I also agree with the low risk factor... I don't plan on linking my bank account to Google Wallet but I do keep a small amount loaded on there from time to time perhaps 20 30 dollars because there are not that many places that accept it anyways to put large amounts of cash on it.... I do it for convenience but more for the WOW factor... No if my actual wallet were to be stolen I have a lot more to loose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Back