Any way to return to stock, locked, unrooted without a computer?

cac595

Reaction score
Well the USB port on my nexus has stopped working for some reason. It wont charge or connect to a pc. I have tried several batteries and none will charge. My problem is, I have unlocked the bootloader and rooted. I need to take it back to the Verizon store to get a replacement but I cant restore the factory image the way it is explained online. Any help is appreciated.

Well the USB port on my nexus has stopped working for some reason. It wont charge or connect to a pc. I have tried several batteries and none will charge. My problem is, I have unlocked the bootloader and rooted. I need to take it back to the Verizon store to get a replacement but I cant restore the factory image the way it is explained online. Any help is appreciated.

If you have access to a phone repair shop locally have them repair the port.

So you messed up your phone from rooting and now want verizon to give you a new one? lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Get port fixed if they can. May have been disabled by the software. Did you buy insurance?

Oh yeah, and don't root next one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I don't think the actual port is loose, as much as his PC won't recognize the USB device as attached. My son is in the same position now. Rooted with a Mac last week and was changing the soft keys color and adding the search button. That's when it went bad for him. Stuck on Google screen with the unlock, doesn't go any further. Can enter clockwork mod, but that's it, when connects the phone to PC, he gets a Fastboot read error 241....... . Using Vista 32bit (at least 4 years old and can't handle update). Also, isn't recognized by Mac. Not sure if he tried doing a factory reset from phone.

I don't think the actual port is loose, as much as his PC won't recognize the USB device as attached. My son is in the same position now. Rooted with a Mac last week and was changing the soft keys color and adding the search button. That's when it went bad for him. Stuck on Google screen with the unlock, doesn't go any further. Can enter clockwork mod, but that's it, when connects the phone to PC, he gets a Fastboot read error 241....... . Using Vista 32bit (at least 4 years old and can't handle update). Also, isn't recognized by Mac. Not sure if he tried doing a factory reset from phone.

If this is the case then I strongly recommend a Factory Reset.

USB port failing is more hardware issue then something that was caused by roms. You can try taking it to vzw but google made it clear you voided your warranty once you unlocked the device. I actually went and bought my phone from best buy and paid the $10 a month insurance cuz their insurance covers root users.

Try a different computer.

ima find you the samsung pc driver to install manually

Try a different computer.

Working on that. Thanks.

When I hook up mine to the Mac it is recognized as a media device on the phone, but nothing pops up that it is connected. Obviously his doesn't, where would I go to find it? Sorry, not the most technologically advanced here.

Samsung

click software and you should see drivers.

Samsung

click software and you should see drivers.

Thanks. Yeah, tried those like five times now.

Last night he went into USB deview and was able to locate his phone. Closest computer is at work 30 miles away, unfortunately.

Last edited:
So you messed up your phone from rooting and now want verizon to give you a new one? lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I didnt mess it up rooting or installing a rom. The port itself is broken. It wont charge either even when connected to a wall charger. Its not like it stopped working when i installed a new rom or something. I had the same rom and it stopped working randomly. The port had always been especially picky about the position of the plug and such, so i think now it just actually broke completely. I also already did a factory reset.

Back