Anybody else concerned about the complete lack of Google branding on the case?

Google sold out when they allowed Verizon apps on the Nexus. Apple didn't allow Verizon to taint their iPhone, though I'm sure Verizon wanted to put their cr@pware on them.

Yeah I did find it odd that there was no Verizon apps on the iPhone 4s, but then again the ball was in Apple's court. Had Verizon not taken the 4 or 4s that definitely would've had some consequences.

i could care less. verizon probably paid them off for the middle spot. Why google didnt put their ink on anywhere else, i do not know. but its on googles page, so im not worried

Wait for someone to get an international G-Nex and switch battery covers. I'm not sure why this is even a concern? It's a battery cover. This changes nothing in my eyes, as long as there is no TouchWiz, an unlockable bootloader, only the two Verizon "bloatware" apps and ICS Verizon can advertise all they want. We know it's a Google phone because it's a Nexus so as long as it doesn't drop the Nexus in the name then we should all have nothing to worry about.

Google sold out when they allowed Verizon apps on the Nexus. Apple didn't allow Verizon to taint their iPhone, though I'm sure Verizon wanted to put their cr@pware on them.

Well seeing how Apple only makes the iPhone and it's a top selling smartphone Verizon had no choice in the matter. There are tons of Android phones that Verizon sells so if Google wanted Verizon to sell their phones ever then they had to come to terms, Google didn't sellout one bit. If they did you would see true bloatware like Vzw Navigator, game demos, among other useless apps. Google said yes because the two apps that will be on the G-Nex are useful Verizon apps, I use the My Verizon Wireless app to pay my bill and check minutes and data and upgrade availability so it's very useful, why others don't use it is beyond me because it's nice to just open the app rather than use the browser. Backup Assistant is the other app Google allowed Verizon to put on, again this app can be useful, it's a tool. If nobody wants these apps then you have two options, that's right, two options. One disable the app and you won't even know it's there. Or two, root and remove them completely off the phone. I can't understand why people don't grasp the concept of these options? It's a Nexus, you can make it "yours", it's as simple as that. Now stop this crying about bloatware and be happy a Nexus device is even going to be on Verizon. :endrant:

I just wish that Verizon kept their grubby hands off the Nexus, like the OG droid, which was a Pure Google Experience device. Even if the GNex has only 2 Verizon apps on it, it has been tainted IMHO. :icon_evil:

Are you joking me? The OG Droid wasn't Pure Google, it had a few Verizon apps on it as well.

Are you joking me? The OG Droid wasn't Pure Google, it had a few Verizon apps on it as well.
Um, I don't recall a single VZW app that was preinstalled on the OG Droid. There were plenty in the VZW section of the Android market, but not that came preinstalled.

Wait for someone to get an international G-Nex and switch battery covers. I'm not sure why this is even a concern? It's a battery cover. This changes nothing in my eyes, as long as there is no TouchWiz, an unlockable bootloader, only the two Verizon "bloatware" apps and ICS Verizon can advertise all they want. We know it's a Google phone because it's a Nexus so as long as it doesn't drop the Nexus in the name then we should all have nothing to worry about.
You are assuming that the extra thickness of the LTE version has no impact on battery cover geometry.

Personally, I'm worried that the ROMs won't be identical (how could they be?) and there will be priority put on the more gloabally available version and Verizon will always get sloppy seconds, thus not really being true to the historical Nexus experience.

You are assuming that the extra thickness of the LTE version has no impact on battery cover geometry.

Personally, I'm worried that the ROMs won't be identical (how could they be?) and there will be priority put on the more gloabally available version and Verizon will always get sloppy seconds, thus not really being true to the historical Nexus experience.

Does Google say anywhere any guarantee of a Nexus experience? I've never known Google as a end-user experience company. They're just not Apple.

Not wanting to read through all the responses, why not just wait until is comes out and contact Samsung for a replacement back plate, without the BIG RED logo?

No shocker really. Verizon sucks, like normal, and once rooted, I don't care.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Does Google say anywhere any guarantee of a Nexus experience?

Of course not, which I why I said historical. Anyone who can produce a legally binding contract with humanity that "Nexus" has a definition will win a cookie. Some people confuse "historical" with "the way it will always be".

Um, I don't recall a single VZW app that was preinstalled on the OG Droid. There were plenty in the VZW section of the Android market, but not that came preinstalled.

I don't remember there being any verizon specific apps, but there was a few bloatware apps, amazon mp3 for example. It's been so long since I've run a stock rom on my OG though, so I can't remember what else they threw on there.

Sent from the Planet Express delivery ship

Look on the bright side, its not anywhere on the front.

I thought the OG Droid had a bit of bloat too, I got blasted for saying so in another thread a couple months back. It was 2 years ago and my memory is not so good.

I don't remember there being any verizon specific apps, but there was a few bloatware apps, amazon mp3 for example. It's been so long since I've run a stock rom on my OG though, so I can't remember what else they threw on there.

Sent from the Planet Express delivery ship
That must have been loaded on down the road. AmazonMP3 didn't exist when the OG Droid launched.

Back