Anyone else having market problems?

brad r

Reaction score
So I'm having this issue with the market. It's trying to download Skyfire but it's been stuck at "downloading" for 2 days. If I tap "cancel download", the market force closes. I've tried rebooting several times, deleting skyfire, and cleaning cache. I'm not sure what else to try short of fully restoring a backup, which I don't really want to do.

Thoughts?

Kangerade 1.0 blueberry, P3 1.25 kernal clocked at 1.1

Last edited:
This happens to me from time to time, but when I hit "cancel download" and download it again it goes through with no problems.

yeah I have fixed it that way before too, but this time I can't, because I get a force close every time I hit cancel download. :(

I've had this problem too. Anyone else have applications you've uninstalled showing up still in your downloads? I can't seen to get rid of them. They show up as free not installed, but that shouldn't be there at all...any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

upgrade to Kangerade 1.1.

you don't have to wipe data if your coming from 1.0. its got the market fix integrated. I've had zero market issues.

just have to reinstall any launcher/kernel you were using. set up your home screens... but all data will stay.

you don't have to wipe data if your coming from 1.0. its got the market fix integrated. I've had zero market issues.

just have to reinstall any launcher/kernel you were using. set up your home screens... but all data will stay.
The weird thing is, I never installed 1.0. I initially installed Kangerade through the 1.1 customizer in ROM manager yesterday, but it says I have 1.0 installed in About Phone.

I did install the blue clock/notification bar. Could that have done it?

The weird thing is, I never installed 1.0. I initially installed Kangerade through the 1.1 customizer in ROM manager yesterday, but it says I have 1.0 installed in About Phone.

I did install the blue clock/notification bar. Could that have done it?

I don't believe the services.jar has anything to do with the Market. Try downloading the ROM from the OP, and do a fresh install... unfortunately thats all we can do until we get a stable build straight from the source and not a ported ROM...

obviously you did wipe before coming to froyo?

I don't believe the services.jar has anything to do with the Market. Try downloading the ROM from the OP, and do a fresh install... unfortunately thats all we can do until we get a stable build straight from the source and not a ported ROM...

Yes I wiped before coming to froyo, but I came to kangerade from simply stunning, and I didn't wipe when I did that. Did I need to?

I didn't mean to imply that the notification bar change would affect the market, but I was wondering if applying the change as an update.zip would change my version of kangerade from 1.1 to 1.0? I didn't check to make sure I had 1.1 after I initially installed it, I just kind of assumed...

Yes I wiped before coming to froyo, but I came to kangerade from simply stunning, and I didn't wipe when I did that. Did I need to?

I didn't mean to imply that the notification bar change would affect the market, but I was wondering if applying the change as an update.zip would change my version of kangerade from 1.1 to 1.0? I didn't check to make sure I had 1.1 after I initially installed it, I just kind of assumed...

ohh... no on the version number... there was a post somewhere from J that he forgot to change the txt file that controls the version number... so that you can ignore...

as far as the data wipe, i wipe data EVERY time i change ROMS... if i'm upgrading the same rom i don't bother, but if i'm changing ROMS even on the same build number i wipe data... too much intertwining going on.. i'll bet if you do a fresh install with a data/cache wipe you'll be good to go...

Hmm, okay, I guess I'll try that then. It just hate having to restore everything after a wipe. Oh well.

Thanks.

Hmm, okay, I guess I'll try that then. It just hate having to restore everything after a wipe. Oh well.

Thanks.

i know, i hear ya... thats why i use shootme to take snapshots of my desktop screens so i can revert back easily and knew how i had everything set up... makes it a little less painful...

drawbacks of making a great phone even better!

do you use titanium by any chance? I've seen people have problems if they use titanium before everything syncs... i try not to use it on froyo until i know my market is up and running...

Yeah I did use titanium when I restored my apps on simply stunning, but I had zero issues with that ROM.

The only reason I went to Kangerade was for the additional customization, but I may just revert to SS and be content till the ROMs built from official froyo start coming out.

So I'm having this issue with the market. It's trying to download Skyfire but it's been stuck at "downloading" for 2 days. If I tap "cancel download", the market force closes. I've tried rebooting several times, deleting skyfire, and cleaning cache. I'm not sure what else to try short of fully restoring a backup, which I don't really want to do.

Thoughts?

Kangerade 1.0 blueberry, P3 1.25 kernal clocked at 1.1

If you long-press on the downloading app instead of short-pressing it, it gives you a pop-up menu that you can cancel from without the force-close. Then you can restart and it should work.

This happened to me and this is how I fixed it. Hope it helps.

i just flashed this rom and having the same issue with the market ! i cant down load any apps, it says in "dowloading" . did any of you guys know how to fix this??
thanks.

Back