App for disabling SMS notifications?

Modeverything

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that I could conveniently place on my home screen that will toggle my SMS notifications on and off. I have a job that puts me on call, and our systems send info messages via SMS to the person who is on call. Well, many of these info messages come in during the night while I'm sleeping, and they wake me up. I know I can manually turn off the sound and vibration notifications, but I have to turn off both of these before I go to bed, then turn them back on in the morning when I wake up. I would like to find an app that with a tap, I can toggle these notifications on and off. It would just make things so much more convenient. I have searched these forums, Google, and the Marketplace, and I couldn't find an app for this.

Look at Timerific or Locale. With either, you can shut everything off based on time.

I use the OneClick widget. It allows me to toggle between off, on, and vibrate.

Or you could use an app like Locale that allows you to set those times when you want the sound off and it'll do it automatically.

Also an app in the Market called Silent Time. I use it and works very well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Unfortunately, none of these apps seem to do what I need them to do; unless I'm just using them incorrectly. It seems as though these apps are all designed to toggle all aspects of the phone completely silent or not. I need something that only toggles SMS; text messages. I do not want my phone ringer to be silent, just in case of an emergency or something. Thanks again, but I'm still looking.

Can't find timerific on the market? Was it taken off?

Back