Apple WWDC 2016

Have to agree with you @pc747 seems like they're playing some catch up for sure. Just skimmed over an article on the "13 biggest announcements" from the Verge. Raise and Wake...Raise the device and it activates the lock screen? Oh. You mean like ambient display that Moto has had for years now and Google added into stock android, also a while ago? That's the main one that really stands out to me, mostly because Moto had panorama assist WAY before the iPhone got it, but it was this big new thing when they added it to the iOS camera.

Still, like you said, we like to keep abreast of what the competition is doing. I was watching the video in the OP last night and my wife looked at me like I was nuts. Even flat out asked me why I was watching something about Apple. Told her it's good to know what the other side is doing.

I'm pretty sure there's an Android App out there that does this but the biggest thing people are freaking out about is Emoji Replacement -_-

I'm honestly glad to see Apple finally opening up some of their APIs though. Messages is a big one...they are going to get a lot of flack for it from privacy monguls.

It's just weird to see Apple play catch up to Android for what seems like the last 3 years. I was hoping for more of a competitive back and forth. Only 2 things that Apple impressed me with the past few years were 3d touch and using your phone to unlock your computer. Google has tried the phone unlock for Chromebooks and it's still hit and miss. 3d touch I have not really played with so not sure how it compares to the long press in Android.

Now where Apple continues to win in my heart is in the hardware department. Just the complete control from drawing to the consumer's hand provides an experience that I don't see Android users ever feeling unless Google start making their own phones. Even our beloved Nexus phones are nothing more than the manufacturer's most popular device with a few design language changes to fit the Nexus style.

I know it will never happen but maybe for world peace day we can get an iPhone Nexus, then again some would say we have the next big thing in Samsung's iPhone lookalikes. But I dislike Samsung's software as much, if not more, than Apple's.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Apple the first to let the user decide what is bloatware and what is not? That's not a catch up to me that's something we Android users have been wishing for four a long time.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Apple the first to let the user decide what is bloatware and what is not? That's not a catch up to me that's something we Android users have been wishing for four a long time.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yeah but Apple beat us to it. Even in the Nexus you can not uninstalled some Google apps. Though I use 90 percent of the GPAS so I'm OK with them, I do recognize they can't be removed without running a custom ROM.

What? MBMark wanting to clone Apple...
Oh my this is an amazing day...
Screenshot that before he wake up and realize what he typed. Somebody may try and hide that post .

Yeah but Apple beat us to it. Even in the Nexus you can not uninstalled some Google apps. Though I use 90 percent of the GPAS so I'm OK with them, I do recognize they can't be removed without running a custom ROM.

Now Android will have to play one up on Apple, agreed, it's good to have this competition again, even though not huge, it's great...
Maybe on my Note 7?

Screenshot that before he wake up and realize what he typed. Somebody may try and hide that post .

I'll make it my forum signature if it'll make Android enact it.
a608fb56a2cdb0d0cbcab49b291bf06f.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Back