battery life

I recommend the extended battery. I got mine off Amazon for $18. Great buy and well worth it! True, it adds thickness to the phone but it is worth it in my opinion. I can use my phone all day with moderate use, and with all my syncs on.

I have the extended HTC 2750 battery and with moderate use, push syncing 5 email on 3.14.605.12, 4G LTE market area, 2 apps running in the background. So far it's been great with about 20-30% remaining at the end of the day.

I have an otterbox for mine, but I got tired of my battery going nearly dead after 8 hours of light use. It is all personal choice. There is a holster clam case made for the extended battery, which I use and am happy with it. Also the the stock and a Mugen 1900 MAh battery for it I never use.

Wow.... I don't know how some of you guys get 12- 16 hours on stock battery?

I'm running stock ICS, and with sock battery, I get about 6-8 hours with light to medium use.

With my htc extended battery, that's a different story. I average about 12-15, which is great, but with a big hit to asthetics.

And I just hard reset my phone a couple days ago, in the hopes of doubling battery life as some people here suggested - but to no avail :(

I have the stock extended battery and I'm a heavy user you tube and mx video and all and I can get a solid 15-20 hours out of it my battery life has gotten such better and my screen us on auto and in 4g all day long

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Very bad battery life is why I just switched to the razr maxx.

I loved everything about my rezound and HTC!! However, I could no longer stay attached to my charger. I own my business and have a child and am constantly on my phone using text, emails, phone, and social media for marketing my business. My battery was lasting about 4 hours at best.

I have had the maxx for a week now and am honestly blown away by the battery! I am easily going thru the day and getting 18 hours before I even think about charging.

Although the screen is not as beautiful......however that screen on the rezound comes with a huge battery drain price......it is just great knowing I can actually use my phone without fear of it dying.

Ics has really changed things for moto and I really like it.

If you still have the rezound and wanted to switch back and forth (some people like to do that), you could get an extended battery. My son has the rezound with extended battery. Both phones are excellent, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid said:
If you still have the rezound and wanted to switch back and forth (some people like to do that), you could get an extended battery. My son has the rezound with extended battery. Both phones are excellent, IMO.

I had to send in the rezound in order to get the maxx.

I thought about the extended battery but it just makes the phone too bulky and heavy for me.

I agree that both phones are excellent!

Yeah, I love my Maxx but when I'm playing around with my son's rezound (no, not to snoop but loading ICS and setting up his email, etc) I sometimes want to switch with him. But he will have nothing to do with it.

So I got a question : what is the biggest battery you can get for the rezound that will fit in the stock cover? I know mugen makes a 1920 or there abouts that will fit. Anyone know of anything bigger that will fit? If so, have you tried it, and what was your experience?

I thought about the extended battery but it just makes the phone too bulky and heavy for me.

Too bulky? Too heavy?
This is obviously a personal opinion, like mine is...but I don't feel that way about it.

Yes, the Rezound is slightly thicker with the extended battery (about 3/16th of an inch thicker)...and slightly heavier, but honestly, a little bit of weight to a phone makes it feel solid, IMO. The lightest phones can have that "cheap" feel to them...not always, but sometimes. To me, the benefits of the extended battery far outweigh the added thickness and weight. 98% of folks who get the extended are thrilled with their decision and highly recommend it. I'm one of them.

The Maxx is a great phone, and had the HD version been out when I bought my Rezound, I would have considered it...but it's probably too thin and light for me. J/K...:wink:

To each their own. But I would never say that a smart phone that weighs 200+ grams, is "too heavy" for me. :biggrin:

So I got a question : what is the biggest battery you can get for the rezound that will fit in the stock cover? I know mugen makes a 1920 or there abouts that will fit. Anyone know of anything bigger that will fit? If so, have you tried it, and what was your experience?
All of these batteries that are much larger capacity than the stock standard battery seem to work OK after a few full cycles, but the Mugen I had kinda died out in about 4 months, wouldn't fully charge and the phone would just shut off when the power level hit about the 15% level, a lot of people have had this issue, often the dying out at about 15% starts occurring within a few weeks, this issue has been discussed many times in many forums.

I have been using the Laza ZCell 1750 mAh batteries for a while in one phone that a coworker recommended, they are not really any better than stock ones, but you can get two of them, a stand-alone charger, and a carrying case for about $23 on Amazon: Amazon.com: Laza Zcell 1750mah HTC Rezound 2x Battery + Charger + Travel Case Combo: Cell Phones & Accessories, and three batteries will often get me through an entire weekend without charging at all if I need to, or a full, solid day of geocaching "in the rough" away from any power source.

Or just go for the stock extended battery (although I have heard the Mugen and Laza extended batteries are better than the "slim" extra capacity ones) and most people can run all day on a single charge, and they tend to stand up over time as well.

Last edited:
Xander Crews said:
Too bulky? Too heavy?
This is obviously a personal opinion, like mine is...but I don't feel that way about it.

Yes, the Rezound is slightly thicker with the extended battery (about 3/16th of an inch thicker)...and slightly heavier, but honestly, a little bit of weight to a phone makes it feel solid, IMO. The lightest phones can have that "cheap" feel to them...not always, but sometimes. To me, the benefits of the extended battery far outweigh the added thickness and weight. 98% of folks who get the extended are thrilled with their decision and highly recommend it. I'm one of them.

The Maxx is a great phone, and had the HD version been out when I bought my Rezound, I would have considered it...but it's probably too thin and light for me. J/K...:wink:

To each their own. But I would never say that a smart phone that weighs 200+ grams, is "too heavy" for me. :biggrin:

Certainly to each their own! The rezound is a great phone but the dismal battery just would not work for me.

As a women, the extended certainly made it too bulky.....especially when trying g to squeeze into a small purse. Wink.

Still believe that the HTC extended 2750 battery is the best choice and the price is right with Verizon. It's not too thick and last a long time. We know it depends on usage, what and how many Apps are running in the background, whether you have your Bluetooth or wifi on. I have a stock Rezound with OTA ICS.

Back