been using a different charger; is my battery ok??

The phone hasn't even been running for 7 hours and I'm at 24% with my usage
I'm hoping one of the guys that's been so helpful to me will chime in. There's too many to tag, but I'm sure they'll see the activity here tonight or tomorrow. I'm not techie, so this tells me nothing. My phone let's me click on that green battery graph & shows me more critical info. Ampere is another app that someone suggested I try. Download those & then send screen shots. Maybe that'll give someone enough information.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Please try those monitor apps & see if something strange stands out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I havn't but I'll try that. Idk wtf happen to my phone. It can't just be a coincidence that I only noticed it as soon as I used a different charger but who knows lol. Here are some screenshots of my usage.

Click on screen. How long has it been used?

Click on Android OS. How much has it been running? How many mAh has it consumed.

Cell standby will eat battery too.

I'm with those suggesting GSAM Battery. Download the app and use your device as you normally would for a couple of days. Then post your results and we'll go from there.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

If you haven't already done it this way....
Phone off
Home button, volume up, power key. Hold all 3 down until the phone goes into recovery mode.
Let the "installing system update" screen time out.
You'll get a menu.
Volume down until you highlight "wipe system cache"
Press power key
Volume down key to "yes"
Power button to select
Last, press power for "reboot system now"
Let phone power itself up

That's a cache wipe
Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not a problem. Of coure the battery estimate increases the less I use it but it still seems to be the same rate. How much battery percentage per minute drain should I really experience?

How much battery percentage per minute drain should I really experience?
We can't really answer this since everybody's device is different. The only real way to resolve this is by using an app such as GSAM to delve deeper into your device in order to see which apps are needlessly running in the background, and what apps are using excessive amounts of battery power. A rouge app is a fairly common occurrence. Hang in there TuBit, we'll get you fixed up before you know it.

S5 tap'n

Thanks. Should I just leave gsam running at all times for like a day ot two? I highly doubt it's due to an app.

Yep, just leave it running for a couple days and use your device as you normally would.

S5 tap'n

not noticing anything unusual in the app usage within the monitor app..

How long ago did this start? Is your daily routine with your phone the same as before (minus the battery issue)?

I mean I feel like I'm on it more now since I'm out of school but I'm pretty sure I've noticed the shortage once I started using other chargers.

It's not the way it used to be it'll go down two percentages within like two minutes

It's not the way it used to be it'll go down two percentages within like two minutes
Well it's not realistic for you to lose 2% in two minutes. That would mean it would only last 100 minutes on one charge. I suspect one of two or three possible causes, or a combination of some or all of them.

First, there may be an app that's taking up more relative percentage of the battery life than it had before you noticed this change. Second, you may have experienced a change in the cellular tower signal strength, perhaps due to recent tweaks to antenna directions or tower tuning which would result in the phone pinging towers more frequently to find a better signal and also having to increase transmission power to maintain a strong connection. Third, the charging and battery metering circuitry may have become misaligned, out of sync with the battery's actual power and state of charge so the reporting you're seeing could potentially be completely false.

Something changed, but I would almost bet my phone on it that the change isn't due to the use of another charger. It takes a lot to damage a battery to that extent in one fell swoop. Damage like that happens over several weeks as a bare minimum, and possibly over several months. In order to have damaged the battery to that extent, it's possible it wouldn't have survived at all and even possible that it could have been so badly damaged in such a short time that it would have failed catastrophically, maybe even to the point of self-destruction, explosion and fire.

I really feel that the problem will be eventually identified, but I'd like for you to fully charge the phone one night, then use it until it actually threatens to shut off, at just a few percentage points, and see just how long that takes. When fully charged, the voltages initially drop very quickly and by large percentages in the first few minutes to half hour of use, but those changes slow down as more and more power is consumed. The battery's capacity as it nears completely discharged will show less and less error since the voltage levels begin to change slower and slower through the middle of the discharge cycle, but then drop quickly in the last actual 5-10%. The metering is supposed to take all this into consideration when reporting the remaining power.

I wouldn't be surprised if it reports that it lost 20% of reported battery power in the first hour or two, but runs for 5 or 6 hours in just the last 5 or 10% of reported remaining power. I've seen this before on even my own phone where it kept reporting 1% but ran for 5 hours that way. After that discharge cycle, the phone reverted back to normal reporting and never misreported again.

How long ago did this start? Is your daily routine with your phone the same as before (minus the battery issue)?

:/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160730-154829.png
    Screenshot_20160730-154829.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20160730-154834.png
    Screenshot_20160730-154834.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 106
Back