Best way to root droid x 2.2

I understand. I don't spend a lot of time in adb. Figure if I don't have to, I don't want to, lol. And that's probably why you'll end up learning more than me in the long run ;)

does anyone know if the z4root from the market is just as effective as going through the manually?

does anyone know if the z4root from the market is just as effective as going through the manually?

If you read the comments, most people say it works great. I downloaded it in case I need to unroot if I have issues with my phone and I need to return it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

i did read the comments but on a bunch of different forums people are saying different things. since you are rooted and i am being lazy what are the best performance apps for browsing what is the best file manager app? thanks for the reply

im gonna look into this in the near future (sorry school comes first :dry: )

z4root

i dl'd the z4root and started and now my phone is non responsive. should i remove the battery and start over?

i dl'd the z4root and started and now my phone is non responsive. should i remove the battery and start over?

i mean what else are u gonna do if its unresponsive? lol

[/sarcasm]

yes

i did read the comments but on a bunch of different forums people are saying different things. since you are rooted and i am being lazy what are the best performance apps for browsing what is the best file manager app? thanks for the reply

4b58bb44-cb0e-f1ff.jpg

These are the apps I use. I have two wifi apps for some reason but I don't ever use barnacle

hell no. i downloaded the z4root. also downloaded jrummy overclock for the droid x. now it seems i need to create a nandroid back up. so i am working on that now. also trying to figure out if i need to sbf recovery or something of that sort. i am now confused as all hell.

hell no. i downloaded the z4root. also downloaded jrummy overclock for the droid x. now it seems i need to create a nandroid back up. so i am working on that now. also trying to figure out if i need to sbf recovery or something of that sort. i am now confused as all hell.

Is your phone functional or is it stuck in a bootloop? You only need to SBF if you phone is stuck on the Motorola M while it is loading.

so i only need sbf if my phone takes a dump? but i do need to back my phone up so i dont screw it up right? if so how do i do nandroid? i followed the steps but i wasnt getting what the steps were telling me. thanks for your concern and your help.

also what is recovery bootstrap? oh yeah its not stuck now. but when i go into overclocking up to 1.2 ghz my phone slows to an obsolete crawl

so i only need sbf if my phone takes a dump? but i do need to back my phone up so i dont screw it up right? if so how do i do nandroid? i followed the steps but i wasnt getting what the steps were telling me. thanks for your concern and your help.

That is correct. Sbf will assist you in unbricking your device. You can create a backup in rom manager or in clockwork recovery. D'ld rom manager and flash clockwork recovery. You can now create a backup in rom manager. It that easy. I always rename my backups because I don't want to focused them. You can also get to clockwork recovery with Droid x bootstrapper. Click bootstrap recovery and it will say "success" them you click reboot recovery and it will take you to clockwork recovery. You can create a backup there as well using your volume buttons to scroll, camera button to select, and power button to go back.

Sorry. Auto correction changed "CONFUSE" to "FOCUSED"

Back