Bionic Camera

I wasnt upset with the camera quality before flashing the 5.7.893 leak but now I'm even happier with it.
Just wait for the update unless you're comfortable with updating.

I would like to unroot for the update. I've done my mods and don't need root anymore anyway, but the one click method didn't have a reverse.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Retro camera and Camera360 have free versions (on amazon app store, at least) and I hear good things about retro.

I use cam360 paid and like it. It's got some settings etc that might annoy you and i notice the screen will go black on occassion but i havent messed with settings that much so maybe there is workaround. Or fix for bionic on way...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I think both of those are just user interface apps to change how the button layouts are rather than actually telling the hardware do this differently or add or subtract whitening etc...if someone is experienced with either of those apps and know please correct me if I'm mistaken as it's not about the layout but the end product of pictures is poor- I feel like the camera almost has something wrong with it but it looks the same as my experience with the droid 3 camera which too was producing poor quality photos...

Have you guys tried the MIUI camera mod? I really like it and its free. Let me see if I can find a link.

Camera Zoom FX is pretty good as well.

Last edited:
The updated Camera seems pretty good to me. I was taking pictures with it next to my wife's non rooted Bionic and mine was much faster.

The MIUI camera also has a tap to focus and its fast. Try it, I know you'll like it. Even though its still called camera it has a different icon so you can keep both and tell the difference. Been using it since I got the Bionic and its great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The MIUI camera also has a tap to focus and its fast. Try it, I know you'll like it. Even though its still called camera it has a different icon so you can keep both and tell the difference. Been using it since I got the Bionic and its great.

Sounds good but when you read farther into it, he says you lose the front facing camera function & that is a deal killer for me...

I have to agree. I think the camera quality is appalling and am very unhappy with the pictures I have taken. It kind of boggles my mind that an 8mg camera can take such lousy pictures...

Sounds good but when you read farther into it, he says you lose the front facing camera function & that is a deal killer for me...

All the other apps can still access the ffc. Its just not available in the MIUI app. So unless you take a lot of pics with the ffc you won't even know. When I want the ffc I just use the stock app.

All the other apps can still access the ffc. Its just not available in the MIUI app. So unless you take a lot of pics with the ffc you won't even know. When I want the ffc I just use the stock app.

Well I use yahoo messenger & voice calls which utilizes the ffc...switching isn't really the answer in my case I think, i checked out retro & camera 360 those just basically change the interface no real improvement, maybe paper camera but they want $2 for it & i'm not sure if it takes normal pics or just funky effects only...

Like I said, if you're rooted try it. Its free and easy and you just might like it. Nothing to lose by trying. It doesn't replace the stock app, you have two different icons both named camera.

I have a few different apps loaded on mine. My favorite is HDR (paid version), but it's not a quick point & shoot app. It does take phenomenal pictures though. I'm not using any apps for editing or taking "different" types of pictures, just wanted apps to help the camera take quicker and better pictures. I will say though, the longer I play and learn the stock camera, the better the pictures are becoming.

Vignette & 360 are also a couple that seem to take quick and good pix too IMO

There's a thread already going on here that I found very helpful.

camera-app-recommendations

The MIUI camera also has a tap to focus and its fast. Try it, I know you'll like it. Even though its still called camera it has a different icon so you can keep both and tell the difference.

Don't let that be a concern, you could always use Desktop Visualizer and change the name, even the icon of it if you wanted to ;)

Back