Bionic update to official ICS failed, error inside

Looking for the preinstall.img file/\.

This seems to be the the cure I'm looking for. Any chance you can you post your link to the preinstall.img file. I get a dropbox error when I click on the link provided.

Thanks,

Bob - drooling for Ice Cream

You don't need to do a full fastboot! Apparently safestrap overwrites files in /preinstall. You can follow these instructions to fix it. (It looks scary, but it worked for me, and now I'm running 4.0.4 XD)

You'll need these files:
IMPORTANT: Make sure you're running the stock build (not a ROM)!

Instructions for flashing preinstall image:
  1. Power down phone
  2. Boot Ap fastboot: hold both volume buttons when you turn on the phone; use down volume to toggle to Ap fastboot, then up volume to choose
  3. Plug phone into PC, and wait for the phone to recognize that it's plugged in
  4. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe)
  5. In the command prompt run:
    Code:
    cd Desktop\moto-fastboot
    moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
    moto-fastboot erase cache
    moto-fastboot reboot

This seems to be the the cure I'm looking for. Any chance you can you post your link to the preinstall.img file. I get a dropbox error when I click on the link provided.

Thanks,

Bob - drooling for Ice Cream

Bob- First are you on a Bionic or a Droid X as shown in your profile.
If you are on A droid X you are in the wrong place.

If you are on a Bionic just follow this post it accomplishes the same thing that you are after & all the files are right there.

Just flash it with the 246 fxz file. this will put everything back & it wont matter what is missing.
Unless you are worried about losing data currently on the phone.
link to file & directions on how to do it.
Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

Thank You: I'm ICS.

Greatly appreciate the help. Took some time to read through the HTML and make a few edits as found in the thread.
Now to root my bionic again and set it free.

Back