Blackberry Withdrawals....

hypergirl

Reaction score
Blackberry Withdrawal/Droid Newie Questions

Hi. Total Droid newbie here.:greendroid:

I just switched from my Blackberry Curve:blackberry: to a Droid 2 Global yesterday, and I'm freaking out! :icon_eek:

I didn't realize how much of a security blanket my BB was :heart:.
I get it: the D2G is CRAZY AMAZING, and does everything but tie my shoes :D,
but I miss the bling sound of incoming emails,
and I don't like having to push the little button on the top right-hand side and slide that "lock thing" so often...

(I know, I'm a dork :blink:)

Any assistance on apps to help me with this transition would be greatly appreciated :stupid:

Last edited:
You can download "No Lock" for the slide-bar issue.

On a side note, I used a BlackBerry Curve for about a week, and couldn't stand it.

You can change the notification sound to anything you want, and I like having a lockscreen, I don't carry my phone on my belt, its usually in a pocket, and I have a history of "butt dialing", my parents can attest to that.

Don't worry, DROID will become your new security blanket ;)

Although I'm quite sure there is an app that ties your shoes...but I haven't check ;)

Droidforums.net appified!

"No Lock" .... got it:)

Thank you, UrbanBounca dancedroid

I've got a steep learning curve situation in progress..... my brain cells are not being as flexible as I had expected :redface:

What about a bling when an email arrives? Can I get that? :unsure:

Mine yells out DROID.

Much more intimidating to the iphone sheeple around me, ya know?

Lol

Assuming you have your phone setup to stay connected so you can receive emails on the go and not just when you check, its under settings, sounds, notifications.

Mine yells out DROID.

Much more intimidating to the iphone sheeple around me, ya know?

Lol

Assuming you have your phone setup to stay connected so you can receive emails on the go and not just when you check, its under settings, sounds, notifications.

You can change the notification sound to anything you want, and I like having a lockscreen, I don't carry my phone on my belt, its usually in a pocket, and I have a history of "butt dialing", my parents can attest to that.

Don't worry, DROID will become your new security blanket ;)

Although I'm quite sure there is an app that ties your shoes...but I haven't check ;)

Thank you. :pint: Okay, next question
How do I send an email? I'm a gmail person. When I click on the Gmail icon, I see emails I can reply to, but, how do I start a new email, :) do you know what I mean? :greendroid:

Ah, Ha! The little four squares in the corner are super important ... :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks. I'm feeling better now. :yahoo:

We're here to help and a lot of us are previous BlackBerry owners as well. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

Hey, I did it! I'm posting live from my droid. It took a village, but I'm here... Groovy:)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Haha! Welcome again! :)
Don't worry, we were all new at some point!

Hey, I did it! I'm posting live from my droid. It took a village, but I'm here... Groovy:)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

DEF a whole other world out there!

Wait till you see what that thing can REALLY do. :D

:welcome: (and that appears a lot better on your computer or browser than on your DF app. ;)

DroidForums junkie!!

Back