Blackberry Withdrawals....

Ooooh, yeah. Flash video, free Google Nav (don't know if that's available on the Blackberry, but it is on your new toy, er, phone!), all sorts of awesome games (check out Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Bistro Cook), a total lack of need for a task killer, launcher replacement apps like ADW and Laucher Pro (they rid you of Blur -- try it and see what you think)...

And that's before rooting and ROMing and themeing and other things you probably shouldn't do because they void your warranty. :D

You'll eventually get to the point where you root, and add a new ROM.

Hey, I did it! I'm posting live from my droid. It took a village, but I'm here... Groovy:)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
1zb9kaq.gif

What about a bling when an email arrives? Can I get that? :unsure:
I too enjoy blackberry notification sounds; and now I use them myself. Download an app from the market called "zedge". Search for blackberry sounds and you'll find a whole bunch.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Thanks droid peeps:)
I'm at work today, which is adversely impacting my new droid "studying" *ahem* time:)
I like ADW a lot, macho better than stock.
When I checked battery usage it said display was 64-71% is that normal?
I think I'll check in with the global gang forum, and see how their battery usage is panning out:)
ciao!

Yes. Display is always the biggest battery hog!

Thanks droid peeps:)
I'm at work today, which is adversely impacting my new droid "studying" *ahem* time:)
I like ADW a lot, macho better than stock.
When I checked battery usage it said display was 64-71% is that normal?
I think I'll check in with the global gang forum, and see how their battery usage is panning out:)
ciao!

DroidForums junkie!!

Sweet, another ADW convert ;)

I will be updating my FAQ thread soon, I've just been lazy lately.
A way to help out with Display is to either set it to Automatic, or to just lower the setting until its the lowest it can be while you still be comfortable enough to read it without straining your eyes.

Thanks to all for the excellent welcome.:hail:

Okay, more questions/issues:

1. My gmail notification ringtone is not working... how to fix :icon_question:
(it seemed like this was working, but then after I installed ADW it stopped... )

2. Is there a way to automatically get gmails and gmail notification ringtone in real time, without going into the "M" and clicking refresh? (LIKE a Blackberry would do... I need my "crack" :D)

I guess those two questions are related.:blush:

Make sure you put a "Power Control" widget on your home screen, and the one that looks like two circular arrows running back and forth in a circle is the "Sync" Power control. Make sure it is activated, and be sure that your gmail app is running. You can do that by opening Gmail, then pressing the "Home" button instead of the back button.

Doing so may make you run your battery a tad more, but its the price we pay for such powerful devices.

Before doing that, I'd go into Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google and make sure the Sync Gmail is checked.

Make sure you put a "Power Control" widget on your home screen, and the one that looks like two circular arrows running back and forth in a circle is the "Sync" Power control. Make sure it is activated, and be sure that your gmail app is running. You can do that by opening Gmail, then pressing the "Home" button instead of the back button.

Doing so may make you run your battery a tad more, but its the price we pay for such powerful devices.

DroidForums junkie!!

If you're into ringtones and little sound effects for your notifications, Zedge is a fun app to browse for free stuff. :) Has all sorts of tones. My email and texts sound off to the Zelda secret sound. ^^

For battery preservation, I highly recommend Juice Defender, its really solid. The free version does a lot, but if it seems too techy take it slow. I got a few hours on my phone due to it though. :)

If you like games, a must have of course is Angry Birds. It'll make you love your phone even more. Haha...

Oh if you end up liking our forums a lot, try the Droidforums app. Its like a free Tapatalk forum app just for this site. :)

Edit: I'm retarded, just saw you post using the app lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

i couldnt help but smile when i read thru this thread .... remembering my transition from 3 yrs of hardcore bb usage. i used to download and install the latest builds of bbos for my bb's ... good times.

once i moved to android it was a shocker. but got used to it and now on my second device and rooted.

gmail on this fone is push just like bb, but you need to configure push for other domains which i know u can do for yahoo. i dont have a business reliance on email with my personal fone, so i dont use push.

regarding hardware, the droid 2 global is a hotrod when compared to other fones on the market and even in direct competion with its android siblings ... the keyboard on the device is nice enough to say you dont mind giving up a qwerty bb.

overall, as you get used to it, could become like an umbilical cord ...

coming from a droid 1, i like the ui changes moto has made on the d2 (less the extra bloat crapware).

enjoy and best of luck

Back