Bluetooth gamepad for Bionic

bthom65

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I have been searching forums for a few days now looking for any app or a way to use a bluetooth gamepad running emulators on my bionic. So far I have found out there is a problem connecting a wii mote with an emulator. The wii mote app I use works but I cannot map keys to my wii mote. Most of the posts I have read are a bit old so I am not sure if there has been a fix. My bionic is not rooted. I did read a post saying they got a PS3 controller to work but didn't say if their bionic was rooted or not. I am looking for anything that will work as a controller for my bionic. Anyone know what I can do or buy that will work?

The SixAxis app in the Android Market allows you to use a PS3 controller with the Bionic. You do need to be rooted. I have it, works great.

I have the sixaxis app and the controller is not working for my Bionic. I entered the bluetooth address on the pc pair software. On the phone the sixaxis software shows that 1 client is connected. There is one light on the controller and the input method is sixaxis controller. However, the actual controller does not appear to be able to do anything on the phone. Suggestions?

First, you must enable 'Preferences->Bypass IME' to work around a bug that Motorola introduced. Key presses will not show in the main app. Once the client is connected and sixaxis is selected as input, then go into your game/emulator, and verify the keymappings. You should be good!

Thanks Akivaran. I have another question now that it is working. Is it possible to map the sixaxis for use on NES roms? I'm using NES EMU for the games. Both NES EMU and sixaxis controller have mapping options, but I'm not sure if I can get a map to work between both of them.

There a gamepad called the icontrolpad which I want totry but I don t know if it will work with the bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Back