Both Hulu and Netflix Coming to Android

I wish they would just come out with a Netflix app already. It seems like every 2 months they "announce" it'll be coming.

We already know this! Just release it already and stop teasing us =\

With the supected data cap on 4G I don't see where watching movies on a phone would be a viable option. I would think that you would burn thru the data cap in a hurray. Now if 4G has unlimited data then it is a mute point and let'em rip.

so you cant watch a movie a day. Still would be nice if I want to watch a movie once a month(still for the moment we have unlimited)

I wish they would just come out with a Netflix app already. It seems like every 2 months they "announce" it'll be coming.

We already know this! Just release it already and stop teasing us =\

Agreed.
:motdroidvert:

What I was looking at was the app store that popped up on my Macs Doc today. We got an update and I thought it was for my iPad but apparently these apps are available for Macs now as well.

The new store is only for OS X. You still have to use iTunes for iOS devices.

With the supected data cap on 4G I don't see where watching movies on a phone would be a viable option. I would think that you would burn thru the data cap in a hurray. Now if 4G has unlimited data then it is a mute point and let'em rip.

so you cant watch a movie a day. Still would be nice if I want to watch a movie once a month(still for the moment we have unlimited)

It's best used with a WiFi connection. Good for home viewing mostly. While a phone for viewing movies at home seems silly, it becomes much more attractive with a tablet.

http://blog.netflix.com/2010/11/netflix-on-android.html

I read this long ago for the Android, I have read some other info on this as well. Basically they are saying
"The hurdle has been the lack of a generic and complete platform security and content protection mechanism available for Android. The same security issues that have led to piracy concerns on the Android platform have made it difficult for us to secure a common Digital Rights Management (DRM) system on these devices. Setting aside the debate around the value of content protection and DRM, they are requirements we must fulfill in order to obtain content from major studios for our subscribers to enjoy." :icon_eek:, some responses to the blog think the DRM is BS. I see both points on this and I'll just hope what ever it is will be fixed soon. I also wonder what OS version and min CPU speed and or graphics you will have to have. As noted by others the Netflix site runs of Sliver Light to view Videos. I have read also Silver Light might be coming to Android as well hmmm...:confused::excl:

Sounds great on the service, but as a few said, if they start with the tier crap, then eventually, I'll just go back to a regular phone. Im not gonna be nickle and dimed, and pay for a huge phone bill every month, on what was once an attractive unlimited deal. That's just me though. They come out with all these new attractive sweet things you can do with your phone, but whats the point, if you take away unlimited data? Most of the time, Im on the go, and want to use it over the air, not through wifi, so wifi doesn't help out much. I'll wait and see.

I think it's bad idea because with possible verizon getting rid of unlimited data, it'll eat up alot of data and cause overage over 5GB
Yeah that would be bull. But I'm hoping that if verizon goes that route they will do what Cingular did which is let the people who had unlimited at the time of the change keep their unlimited.

I can't see unlimited "availability" going away.
But i also think price increase(s) are inevitable...

r, john

http://blog.netflix.com/2010/11/netflix-on-android.html

I read this long ago for the Android, I have read some other info on this as well. Basically they are saying
"The hurdle has been the lack of a generic and complete platform security and content protection mechanism available for Android. The same security issues that have led to piracy concerns on the Android platform have made it difficult for us to secure a common Digital Rights Management (DRM) system on these devices. Setting aside the debate around the value of content protection and DRM, they are requirements we must fulfill in order to obtain content from major studios for our subscribers to enjoy." :icon_eek:, some responses to the blog think the DRM is BS. I see both points on this and I'll just hope what ever it is will be fixed soon. I also wonder what OS version and min CPU speed and or graphics you will have to have. As noted by others the Netflix site runs of Sliver Light to view Videos. I have read also Silver Light might be coming to Android as well hmmm...:confused::excl:

The thing that make me go "WTF?" about this is that I would think that the proprietary DRM that they use would be THEIR responsibility to code into the app itself, not rely on some kind of OS-based DRM scheme. It seems like they are blaming the OS itself when in reality they are just to lazy to figure out how to implement their own DRM scheme in their app.

Get ready for your battery to die before the movie ends!

I am looking forward to the Hulu app actually.

Back