Bought Droid from Go Wireless - Did I Make a Mistake?

fjabjr

Reaction score
Walked into what I thought was an official Verizon store. Bought a Droid and a Samsung Intensity (for the wife). Got home and looked over the reciepts and mail-in rebate forms, turns out the store was Go Wireless. Wow, I feel silly. The strore really looks like it is a Verizon store. I still have a few days left before I hit the 30 day point of no return.

Is Go Wireless a PREMIUM retailer? Did I make a mistake. Should I take the phones back and go to Verizon or Best Buy?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Not sure....I only buy from VZW Corp stores myself...

It's amazing how many different strategies people have for gathering information. For example, if I was confronted with the question "Is Go Wireless a premium reseller", it would never occur to me to go post on Droid Forums. I'd probably do something like google for Go Wireless, and discover that the very first hit in the search results answered my question.

So it's really nice to see that not everybody does things the way I do. Variety really is the spice of life!

Never heard of go wireless.. I always go to an official Verizon store

Careful Guurzak, its a valid question and naturally someone thinks the members on this forum might have some experience buying Droids.. It is unfortunate that all they might find is an unhelpful reply from a sharp tongue. That's not what we are trying to do here. Apparently disrespect is another spice of life.

Fjabjr, if you feel uncomfortable with your purchase, return it while you can. But you should be fine.

It's amazing how many different strategies people have for gathering information. For example, if I was confronted with the question "Is Go Wireless a premium reseller", it would never occur to me to go post on Droid Forums. I'd probably do something like google for Go Wireless, and discover that the very first hit in the search results answered my question.

So it's really nice to see that not everybody does things the way I do. Variety really is the spice of life!

Not sure if you were being sarcastic. However before posting I did do a google search for "Verizon Premium Retailer" and the first one that showed up was Go Wireless...so I felt safe...then I looked at the next item in the google search that talked about companies calling themselves Verizon Premium Retailers - BEWARE. So of course I thought hmmm....should I beware or trust that Go Wireless is telling me the truth.

So I thought I'd come to the friendly Droid forum where I've learned a tremendous amount of info from some really nice people with the hope that some folks here might have some insight. But hey, suggesting I google it was a great help.

Careful Guurzak, its a valid question and naturally someone thinks the members on this forum might have some experience buying Droids.. It is unfortunate that all they might find is an unhelpful reply from a sharp tongue. That's not what we are trying to do here. Apparently disrespect is another spice of life.

Fjabjr, if you feel uncomfortable with your purchase, return it while you can. But you should be fine.

Thanks Sam, I did feel he was being sarcastic...he may not have been but that was my first impression.

Anyway, thanks for your post.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic. However before posting I did do a google search for "Verizon Premium Retailer" and the first one that showed up was Go Wireless...so I felt safe...then I looked at the next item in the google search that talked about companies calling themselves Verizon Premium Retailers - BEWARE. So of course I thought hmmm....should I beware or trust that Go Wireless is telling me the truth.

So I thought I'd come to the friendly Droid forum where I've learned a tremendous pamount of info from some really nice people with the hope that some folks here might have some insight. But hey, suggesting I google it was a great help.

If that's what came to in your search then I'd feel a little better. You could always contact the company itself and ask what you need to know, I don't think they could lie to you about anything, legally anyway

When in doubt just call Verizon Customer Support :) They should be able to answer your concerns more concretely than us.

Just for those of us who are truly clueless, what's the harm in buying your droid from a non-'premium retailer?'

Just for those of us who are truly clueless, what's the harm in buying your droid from a non-'premium retailer?'

I think the only issues would be warranty/repair stuff. An official Verizon store will not accept a phone bought from a non-verizon retail store for any warranty issues. You will have to return to the store you purchased from. When would this be an issue?...let's say you bought from a store in Colorado and traveled to the east coast only to drop your phone in the hotel toilet. You're then screwed because the Verizon store won't help you out.

I've done some more research and found that GoWireless has a decent reputation and there are many GoWireless stores around where I live and where I would most likely travel. So I feel a bit better. I still feel silly because the GoWireless looks just like a real Verizon store which is where I thought I was and thought I was buying from.

I bought my first VZW phone from one of those Verizon Farm Stand stores,Didn't know the difference.
If I broke my contract early not only did VZW have a penalty But the Farm Stand Store had a worse none reducing penalty.
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

We bought ours from Go Wireless (MotoDroid for me and Eris for my wife) because the nearest Verizon company store is about 50 miles away. I've seen people talk about buying them from a lot of different non-Verizon places (like Costco and Best Buy) so I don't think I would worry about it a lot.

Wally

what if they are a premium retailer? will vzw stores help you

Back